What's new

Have you ever revived a site you once closed down?

Shortie

Freelance Writer and Video Game Content Creator!
1000 Posts Club
Dec 6, 2022
USD
$6.0500USD
Biznotes
Many of us will have run either a blog, forums, or even just a website that for whatever reason, we may have had to let go be it because maybe the site died off, it became costly or it could even be said real life becoming crazy meant you didn't have enough time to work on it anymore. Whatever the reason, sometimes you do have to make these decisions and they are usually not always easy to do but have to be done.

I myself used to run my own forum from 2009 - 2017 and it was quite a big forum with a really nice community, unfortunately, I had to let it go in early 2017 due to the hosting rising by a lot and I was no longer able to afford it so I decided to just close the forum and call it a day. I have just recently been pondering about reviving it and bringing it back but I do have some worries about doing that.

Have you ever revived a site you once closed down? How did it go for you? If you have never revived a site, would you ever consider it?

@Shortie sometimes you find that close a website is a wrong decision then you will revive a site even after 1 year of inactivity since the site is not delated and has a good content inside means not everytime let a website not working is a wrong decision or for some offline commitments.

I have considered reviving my site but when I usually think of the workload that would be needed to revive the site, I always burge on reviving the site back, as I do not see the need
Many of us will have run either a blog, forums, or even just a website that for whatever reason, we may have had to let go be it because maybe the site died off, it became costly or it could even be said real life becoming crazy meant you didn't have enough time to work on it anymore. Whatever the reason, sometimes you do have to make these decisions and they are usually not always easy to do but have to be done.

I myself used to run my own forum from 2009 - 2017 and it was quite a big forum with a really nice community, unfortunately, I had to let it go in early 2017 due to the hosting rising by a lot and I was no longer able to afford it so I decided to just close the forum and call it a day. I have just recently been pondering about reviving it and bringing it back but I do have some worries about doing that.

Have you ever revived a site you once closed down? How did it go for you? If you have never revived a site, would you ever consider it?

I have done this multiple times. I once shut down my personal blog, it was earning well through AdSense. But I decided to shut it down to focus on other projects. Interestingly, I have revived the blog again, and yet again the site ios earning via Adsense.

@Shortie sometimes you find that close a website is a wrong decision then you will revive a site even after 1 year of inactivity since the site is not delated and has a good content inside means not everytime let a website not working is a wrong decision or for some offline commitments.
Unfortunately, with the site, I closed I no longer have access to any of the backups as my laptop died on me and I lost so much including the backup for the site I closed. I would have loved to still have access to the backup as I had so much content from the site I had and now it's all gone.
I have done this multiple times. I once shut down my personal blog, it was earning well through AdSense. But I decided to shut it down to focus on other projects. Interestingly, I have revived the blog again, and yet again the site ios earning via Adsense.

That is amazing that you were able to bring it back and you are already seeing earnings through Adsense. That is always a worry I feel for any owner of a site to be honest that you may open back up and have lost everything you had when you closed. Something like seeing earning so quickly after opening a site again gives you that confidence boost and that feeling that it was the right idea.

I'm also thinking of reviving my first website because I have uploaded a lot of articles to it before I closed it down. However, the website is created on free platform and I did not host with any hoisting company. I don't if I can transfer it WordPress site.

If there is a need for me to revive a website that I have created, I will do so because creating website deals with experience and should be taking advise from professional website. However buying hosting many times is an unnecessary expenses.

Yes I once closed site and later revived, not even once. Sometimes when you want your site to look in a specific form but it tends to work the other way round. It frustrate me and even make me to close the site.

Yes I once closed site and later revived, not even once. Sometimes when you want your site to look in a specific form but it tends to work the other way round. It frustrate me and even make me to close the site.
When it happens to be that you need that specific website for a specific task, I don't see anything wrong in it. Since you have access to the site. All you have to do is to log in to the sites and fill the necessary details.

If there is a need for me to revive a website that I have created, I will do so because creating website deals with experience and should be taking advise from professional website. However buying hosting many times is an unnecessary expenses.
Am also going to revive my site once I have concrete use of it, as it would be unwise to start back from scratch seeing the effort I have put into it and the resources also invested on it.

Am also going to revive my site once I have concrete use of it, as it would be unwise to start back from scratch seeing the effort I have put into it and the resources also invested on it.
Sometimes, starting from scratch is better than reviving the old website. The effort you'll put to into reviving old website can channelled to building a website that will get google approval for monetization in less time.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back