What's new

Have you ever purchased a domain to sell to a bigger company?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Was there ever a time where you purchased a domain because you knew another company would want it and possibly pay big bucks for it? I have considered trying this myself, but I don't want to in turn buy a domain, and try to sell it to a big company. Because I know of times where people have done this before, and the company sued them for the name and in turn they didn't get any money back for the original domain purchase.

Pretty weird to say the least, but it happens. Would you still try this considering?

me and my brother where trying to exploit this possibility one certain time, we intended on buying the domain name for our local government area and pitching it to them to re buy the domain.

One particular time, my brother and I tried to take advantage of this option. We planned to purchase the domain name for our local government region and convince the company to repurchase the domain.

Of course. This is what domain flipping is all about - acquiring domain names for smaller fees, parking or making them more attractive then selling to bigger brands or companies.

No, i've never purchased a domain to sell to a bigger company. I haven't even purchased a domain at all. This is something i would like to try out because it seems like a good way to earn.

One particular time, my brother and I tried to take advantage of this option. We planned to purchase the domain name for our local government region and convince the company to repurchase the domain.
i also tried this strategy as we believe then that we would make a lot of money from this one off deal but it never materialize owing to so many factors that where beyond our control

Was there ever a time where you purchased a domain because you knew another company would want it and possibly pay big bucks for it? I have considered trying this myself, but I don't want to in turn buy a domain, and try to sell it to a big company. Because I know of times where people have done this before, and the company sued them for the name and in turn they didn't get any money back for the original domain purchase.

Pretty weird to say the least, but it happens. Would you still try this considering?
If it's a domain name that's very popular,.I would not risk it. I've read that sometimes, those domain names are not really expired, just wrong calculations on the part of the seller and you will fall at the receiving end of a lawsuit that will cost you more than you make.

I once bought a lot of domains in the hope to sell them back later. When I bought I did not though about selling them to bigger companies because I was not registering similar-looking domains and domains with the spelling variation. However, I dids plan to sell them for a higher price.

I have followed trends and have tried this but not so much me selling, it was more or less me waiting for an offer. They never offered and I ended up letting the domain names go. A handful of years later, I know one of them ended up being used.

It requires marketing and promoting the domains for sale to potential buyers. Once a buyer is found, the domain can be transferred to the new owner in exchange for the agreed-upon sale price.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back