What's new

Have you ever moved your forum to a different forum software?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Has there ever been a time where you moved your forum from one forum software to the other? Like say you have a vbulletin or xenforo like bizdustry. Anyway, I have only done this once, but it was to take my forum from a free forum I had and moved it to a real forum software, being vBulletin.

What was the process like for you? Did you ever move a forum over to another forum software?

There is nos issue in moving from one forum to the other as long as it improves your forum in the end. You should always strive to improve your forum as this would attract more visitors to you.

Back when I first started creating forums in 2004, I started out on phpbb, and with me being new to working on and creating forums and how phpbb was back then where one mistake made when adding a mod or a skin would mess everything up, I ended up moving from phpbb to MyBB when that released. From MyBB, I went to vBulletin when I had enough funds to afford a license and I was using vBulletin from around 2006 - 2011 I believe it was which was the year that I moved from vBulletin and onto Xenforo. I was on Xenforo from 2011 - 2017 which was the year I closed my forum and now with my current forum I am back to using Xenforo again.

All in all, throughout the 19 years I have run forums on and off I have changed software 4 times.

why do you intend on moving your forum from WordPress? i would like to know your reason for doing it, as i believe that WordPress offers so many features that could help your forum growth.
Well, I have not done this but I plan to move my wordpress forums to a proper forum software. I am running a forum on wordpress for more than 2 years and I want to move it to Xenforo.

Well, I do not think that people would move their forum to a "new' software until or unless they have a problem with the software they are currently using in the first place.

why do you intend on moving your forum from WordPress? i would like to know your reason for doing it, as i believe that WordPress offers so many features that could help your forum growth.
If you have ever built a forum on wordpress, you would have understood the limitation you will have. I have tested multiple WordPress forum plugins and these are not as good as regular forum scripts

If you have ever built a forum on wordpress, you would have understood the limitation you will have. I have tested multiple WordPress forum plugins and these are not as good as regular forum scripts
i have built website using wordpress, and e commerce site and i love so many features been offered by wordpress but i have not built a forum using wordpress.

I moved one years ago from myBB to Xenforo. It did not make people very happy. It looked a lot different and took members getting used it everything. The forum is gone now. I let someone else take over and it closed like 6 years ago.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back