What's new

Have you ever had to sue someone for copying your business model?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Has there ever been a time where you had to sue someone due to them copying your business model or work? I can't say I have, but I know of people who created a business from nothing, only for a big company to come in and make a copy-cat company. Has that sort of thing ever happened to you?

If so, do you have any legal recourse to sue?

It's a bad attitude to work actually and there's a need to take a legal action to battle against such act because it could lead to destruction of reputation. A business might not be find worthy again or such employees might be having a quality of doubt while performing his tasks. Actually I have not yet sued since it has not happened to me.

Copying of person business model is a serious crime. I have not sue people for copying my business model, but I know people who have done that. Recently, one of the person I work for was sue for copying a person business model.

Copying of person business model is a serious crime. I have not sue people for copying my business model, but I know people who have done that. Recently, one of the person I work for was sue for copying a person business model.

Definitely, copying any kind of business model is a really big issue. If someone steals my business model, then I would speak to them. If they do not desist, then I would have no option but to sue them.

This has never happened to me but I have seen it happen to many people. Some people who have so much money copy from small income people and build a big business. When you try to sue them, you won't succeed or they will pay you or give you a job there.

This has never happened to me but I have seen it happen to many people. Some people who have so much money copy from small income people and build a big business. When you try to sue them, you won't succeed or they will pay you or give you a job there.

Well, I have never sued anyone. I think that it would be a much better idea to settle the dispute with the other party as the procedure of courts could be time consuming and tiresome as well.

I have never had to sue someone for copying my business model but if I do find out that someone is copying my business model then I would definitely sue such person

That has never happened before, but if anyone tries it with me I have no choice but to take legal action. It is an infringement of rights and should not be taken lightly.

I have never had to sue someone for copying my business model but if I do find out that someone is copying my business model then I would definitely sue such person
Its definitely a right thing to do. I will sue anyone I catch copying my business model. Its a serious offence under law to be copying directly someone business. If anyone try it with me, I will hand him or her to law.

Its definitely a right thing to do. I will sue anyone I catch copying my business model. Its a serious offence under law to be copying directly someone business. If anyone try it with me, I will hand him or her to law.
It is even more painful when it gets viral in their hands and not yours, as this would make me mad after spending so much time, effort and resources to come up with such content.

Has there ever been a time where you had to sue someone due to them copying your business model or work? I can't say I have, but I know of people who created a business from nothing, only for a big company to come in and make a copy-cat company. Has that sort of thing ever happened to you?

I have never tried to sue anybody because the person is copying my business model. I always have enough ideas so it is normal for someone to copy and that is why I don't leak out my information to people

you might just get to the point you would decide to sue someone for copyright, as it is painful when you come up with an idea and some one uses it to make wave without giving you the credit.

I have not found myself in such a situation but I know that it does happen . There are a huge number of people who does not create innovations but they would copy people's business models.

You can only sue someone for copying your business model if you have gotten a copyright. It's very mandatory to have this in place before you can take such action.

Actually it depends but personally I haven't done that before but i have seen alot of cases of business companies suewing each other based on the idea of copyright which is against the law.

I had registered my business as Rex Farms. And I was on social media and saw a post about Rex Farms albeit in another region. I summarily sent them a soft copy of my business registration certificate. And I told them they are risking a law suit. They summarily changed the name of their page the following day.

Well, this has not happened yet, and I don't think I will sue anyone just for copying my business model. However, I will surely sue if there they steal my data or get involved with espionage

There are certain things that needs to be settled with less loudness and attention. And family financial disputes top the list. You don't sue a family member else you would destroy that sense of family shared.

Definitely, copying any kind of business model is a really big issue. If someone steals my business model, then I would speak to them. If they do not desist, then I would have no option but to sue them.
That's good decision. I don't know why some can't create their own business without copying others method. It's not a good thing to do but some cannot just stop doing it

This is something that have not happened with my business right now and I hope that it doesn't happen tomorrow because I am not going to have the energy to go through all the legal proceedings of having to sue someone for copying my business without my consent.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back