What's new

Have you ever had to sue someone because of your business?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Has there ever been a time where you had to sue someone because of your business? Maybe someone stole content from your site, copies your name, tried to poach employees, etc. I myself have dealt with other businesses trying to copy my model and some of my forums/sites.

I thankfully have never had to sue someone for anything. But I have come close in some regards. I don't think I could handle sueing someone right now, considering it's very costly to do so.

It has never come to a stage where by I will have to take somebody to court because of business I am particularly happy for that. It is usually annoying whenever customers do not follow up with their commitment.

Absolutely if there is necessity I will definitely sue someone to court for my business because it may be at the risk of the business. Alot of people have been seu to court concerning such kind of issues.

That's not been a time that I needed to do that but if eventually someone tempers with my business, it will be a better way to handle the matter as it can be resolved quickly.

I can't sue someone now consider what it cost to hire a good and competent lawyer. Though, if you end up winning the case, the court will award a sum of money that the defense will be ask to pay to you. As for those stealing contents from one website, I think they can be reported?
Absolutely if there is necessity I will definitely sue someone to court for my business because it may be at the risk of the business. Alot of people have been seu to court concerning such kind of issues.
It's a right thing to do except that court cases cost money. Hiring a competent lawyer did not come cheap and the money used to process the documents and evidence need for the cases will also require money. Also, it can distraction. That's why most business overlook some individual who stole their ideas. However, if you institute a court case and won, court will award you a sum of money.

Last edited:
Actually I have sue someone before concerning business even though it wasn't an Individual person but a company. they are my customers and business partners but they failed to pay for services provided to them.

Suing people for business is very common here and this is due to the fact that we've got lots of unscrupulous individuals trying to rip us of our money.

Actually I have sue someone to court before but if there is need or necessity I will definitely do that. most especially in issues that has to do with my business because not taking actions will be at my own risk.

This is something that I wish that my business is not going to encounter. I've had a lot of financial issues with a lot of my customers but all of them have been resolved outside the court.

Yes, and I'm so glad I did. I once had a client who started messing with me during the project. They were supposed to pay me $500 for my work, but they kept trying to get out of paying me completely. Then they tried to take credit for my ideas and claim that they'd come up with them themselves. Finally, they tried to steal the code from my website.

I was furious! But instead of writing an angry email or leaving a bad review online, I decided to take action in court. It took two years, but eventually we came to an agreement: They paid me what they owed me and agreed not to talk about me behind my back anymore. And also never again try doing anything like this again.

So far in my business aspect I have never sue anyone for any case, the highest I do is to call someone who will try to settle our case to help out in order for the case to be settle in peace and harmony.

Well on a personal basis,i have not actually sued anyone for an infringment concerning my business or other form of endeavour,buti have a friend who almost sued a company for branding their building without first meeting with the owners of the property.

Well on a personal basis,i have not actually sued anyone for an infringment concerning my business or other form of endeavour,buti have a friend who almost sued a company for branding their building without first meeting with the owners of the property.

I have never conducted business but I think that when it comes to suing someone, there has to be a valid reason to do so. It all depends on the laws of a country and sometimes, the court could pass a verdict based on the conditions of the law and the nature of the case.

I have never conducted business but I think that when it comes to suing someone, there has to be a valid reason to do so. It all depends on the laws of a country and sometimes, the court could pass a verdict based on the conditions of the law and the nature of the case.
That is in a situation where there is a contract or breech of agreement between the parties that are involved,then the parties can go on to refer to the signed document,which will serve as their reference.

There was a time in which we paid money for somebody to deliver pipes for our business but then he delivers sub-standard. We had to settle the matter in court and we got our refund back.

That is in a situation where there is a contract or breech of agreement between the parties that are involved,then the parties can go on to refer to the signed document,which will serve as their reference.

Nowadays each and every person wants to undergo paperwork and deal with things in a legal manner as the law and order is being applied in every kind of conditions.

Nowadays each and every person wants to undergo paperwork and deal with things in a legal manner as the law and order is being applied in every kind of conditions.
That is just the fact,in business you will need to really know the values of the person that you are going into partnership with,whether it allign with your own values,and then you need to sign a proper legal agreement.

That is just the fact,in business you will need to really know the values of the person that you are going into partnership with,whether it allign with your own values,and then you need to sign a proper legal agreement.

Yes, going through a legal procedure is much better than facing consequences. However, many people start family business and they never tend to undergo such process because they trust each other.

Yes, going through a legal procedure is much better than facing consequences. However, many people start family business and they never tend to undergo such process because they trust each other.
That is true,I was discussing with a friend,he has this parspective that if there is an element of trust from both parties,then there wouldn't be any need to sign an agreement.

That is true,I was discussing with a friend,he has this parspective that if there is an element of trust from both parties,then there wouldn't be any need to sign an agreement.

I would personally never even form any kind of partnership with my relative because when it comes to forming partnership with people such as relatives, your relations could be at stake.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back