What's new

Have you ever had to change your forum software because your members complained about it?

Heatman

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
40,000 Post Club
Apr 14, 2018
USD
$4.2900USD
Biznotes
There are many forum softwares to be used my forum owners according to what appeals to them. This doesn't mean that it's going to be a software that's going to be loved by every one in the forum which might lead to their complaining about the software in one way or another.

Have you ever had to change your forum software as a result of such complaints coming from your members?

This is really a very awkward situation and for me I would not hesitate to change it, as long as a majority of members in my forum are complaining about the interface.

Well, I have worked with only well-known and popular software. Therefore, the software I am using is not only easy to work on but also has a clean interface. Therefore, I have received no complains so far.

I don't think any forum website has done it since I have been with them so they have already made their research about the designs before they program. If it will actually bring more income I think they may want to do it.

Well, I have worked with only well-known and popular software. Therefore, the software I am using is not only easy to work on but also has a clean interface. Therefore, I have received no complains so far.
Like they say, you don't change a winning team. If the software you are currently using is giving you what you want, the you can continue using it excyitbis not giving you what you want

I have seen a lot of forum owners changing forum software because of the issues that had with the software they were using. If you want to run a forum a lot of care should be taken while choosing the right software.

In the forums that I have owned currently and also forums that I have owned in the past, I have never had any issue where a member complained about the forum software I was using. I know in the past I used vBulletin, MyBB, and Xenforo and at the moment I am using Xenforo and everyone seemed to be really happy with the software that was being used at the time.

I have though, in the past been a member on forums where some users were not happy with the software that was being used, these were usually free-hosted forums though, through proboards, and a lot of the time, the admins used to have a lot going on with gifs and bright colors so it was understandable that it would not be to everyone's liking.

If there ever was a time that users on my forum were not happy with the software then I would allow all active members to have their say before I even made a software change. If the majority wanted to see a software change I would go for it.

I have seen a lot of forum owners changing forum software because of the issues that had with the software they were using. If you want to run a forum a lot of care should be taken while choosing the right software.
you should not be very quick to choose a forum software as changing it in the future can become very difficult especially when your users have become accustom with the existing one.

There are many forum softwares to be used my forum owners according to what appeals to them. This doesn't mean that it's going to be a software that's going to be loved by every one in the forum which might lead to their complaining about the software in one way or another.

Have you ever had to change your forum software as a result of such complaints coming from your members?

I think that it might be common for many forums members to experience certain glitches sometimes. It would be a better thing to report the glitch to the forum owner.

you should not be very quick to choose a forum software as changing it in the future can become very difficult especially when your users have become accustom with the existing one.
Well, actually moving into a new software is not very difficult to work if you have knowledge on how to do it. Choosing a forum script should depend on your financials as some scripts are more expensive than others.

If a significant number of the forum members are complaining about the software, it is wise that changing the forum software should be considered.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back