What's new

Have you ever forgotten to renew a domain?

Although I am still a novice in the domain industry, I have learned a lot. The majority of domains are owned by people, but when they fail to renew them in a timely manner, someone else takes over.

someone does not take over your domain, except there is something i am missing. someone can only take your domain after an extended period of time, but immediately it expires, i do not think it is possible.

No but I think this is where auto renewal of domain hosting plan comes in - to cater for events such as this. Anyone that keeps renewing manually will only put himself under a lot of stress.

Personally I have not been an expert yet in domain business but I have learned alot. Most of the domain are people owns domain but it get expired and the person may not renew it in time and someone takes over.
Considering the fact that I don't have any domain of my own at the moment but I have seen instance such a way that the owner of a specific domain forgets to renew his domain.

I believe that it is quite difficult to completely forget to renew your domain nowadays because the registrar would not hesitate to notify you multiple times even before the expiration date is due

Irun a lot of sites and there have been times where I just forget to renew. Most sites I renew when needed, but there are times where a couple of my less used sites need to be renewed. But usually I just sell those sites/domains when I don't see them as worthwhile anymore.

Forgetting is quite a natural habit as humans but thankfully the emergence of phone and technology has made alot of things easier for us. You could set reminders on your phone.

No, i have never forgotten to renew a domain as i don't have a website yet. I think the thing to be done when one forgets to renew one's domain and once it is taken over by someone else is to get a new domain.

Irun a lot of sites and there have been times where I just forget to renew. Most sites I renew when needed, but there are times where a couple of my less used sites need to be renewed. But usually I just sell those sites/domains when I don't see them as worthwhile anymore.
i had an issue when trying to renew my website, as my card provider stopped offering the service for international payment and i was stranded and could not renew till i had to switch to another service provider.

This has happened to me once. Normally, I receive a renewal notice from my domain registrar. Maybe I did receive the message but I forgot about the message. When I went to my registrar account, I found that the domain was gone.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back