What's new

Have you ever forgotten to renew a domain?

glitch

beep boop
1000 Posts Club
Mar 16, 2022
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I am curious if this has ever happened to anyone here.

I have heard of it happening and it can be a nightmare. I try to keep track of things like this best I can to avoid this issue. I have never had to deal with it, thankfully.

If you have had this happen, what did you do about it? Is there anything that can be done once someone else buys it?

Personally I have not been an expert yet in domain business but I have learned alot. Most of the domain are people owns domain but it get expired and the person may not renew it in time and someone takes over.

The problem isn't renewal of the domain name itself the problem is the payment system jail, like for example, if your domain name expires within a week then Skrill in this time before paying for renewal shows your account is restricted and you have to pass by verification, once account verified domain name is expired. If the hoster accepts crypto it will be the ideal solution.

The problem isn't renewal of the domain name itself the problem is the payment system jail, like for example, if your domain name expires within a week then Skrill in this time before paying for renewal shows your account is restricted and you have to pass by verification, once account verified domain name is expired. If the hoster accepts crypto it will be the ideal solution.
I have never heard of this being an issue. I mean there are no delays for payments that I have ever experienced using banking or Paypal. I guess this is an issue in other countries?

It's possible to forget. It have happen to me before. But there is no how your domain will expire without your registrar notify you. It surprise me how some people claimed they lose their name because it expired. Apparently, the registrar will send 3 emails before the domain will expire.

I have never heard of this being an issue. I mean there are no delays for payments that I have ever experienced using banking or Paypal. I guess this is an issue in other countries?
I am not talking about PayPal I am talking about Skrill's payment processor.

I am not talking about PayPal I am talking about Skrill's payment processor.
I have never used them. I guess they have a more strict policy which causes issues with payments? This can be the case with PayPal for all I know. I have had an account with them for 15 years now so they might be just as strict with newer accounts.

Personally I don't do domain business but there are alot of people who are into it, and sometimes forgot to renewed there domain and it will be taken by someone.

Personally I don't do domain business but there are alot of people who are into it, and sometimes forgot to renewed there domain and it will be taken by someone.
Yeah that is what the thread is about. I am wondering if anyone here who has bought a domain has forgotten to renew it in time and if it was too late, someone having already bought it.

Mist expire domains are subject to renewal and reselling but of a truth alot of people get frustrated and cannot reclaim it due to lack of ideas an ways of understanding

If you have a domain name then generally you did not forget renewal but some people have several domain names then handle all of them will be a hard job add to renewal unless some people add automatic payment debit method then when domain expires then hoster debits from its debit card.

I have heard of it happening and it can be a nightmare. I try to keep track of things like this best I can to avoid this issue. I have never had to deal with it, thankfully.

If you have had this happen, what did you do about it? Is there anything that can be done once someone else buys it?
I haven't forgotten. I have all mine set to renew automatically because if I don't I WILL forget lol 🤣

I haven't forgotten. I have all mine set to renew automatically because if I don't I WILL forget lol 🤣
It depends on the roster itself. For some it is automatic and for others, a manual process adds to the nature of the site. For example, if it is a ready script or cPanel with flesk.

Personally, I was not a domain business expert, but I learned a lot. Most domains are owned by people, but they expire, the person doesn't renew in time, and someone can take over

In my case, it was not necessarily a case of forgetfulness but more of an obstinate attitude on the part of my hoster to accept payment through a certain gateway which would have been more favorable.

Most expiry domains are eligible for renewal and resale, but in reality, many individuals become irritated and are unable to reclaim them owing to a lack of concepts and comprehension regarding how to do so

in today's world it is very difficult to forget such thing accept you are totally offline during those periods, as you would get countless numbers of reminders to make the payment before it is due.

This is the risk. The providers of this service should send reminders often, if possible yearly to remind you of when to renew your domain. If it's a popular domain and someone gets it, it cam cost a lot to get it back.

Most of my domains are on "auto renew" but even if they
were not, as long as your contact info is up to date with the
registrar you should get several emails reminding you it it
is due for renewal before it expires.

my domains are not on auto renew as i like manually doing it myself and a situation should not arise whereby i did not plan to auto renew and it does auto renew by itself, which is something i am avoiding.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back