What's new

Have you ever dealt with hackers who stole your domain?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Has there ever been a time where a hacker stole your domain? I haven't had this happen to me, but I know a few people who's sites were taken down by hackers and they threatened to keep their domain. I don't recall what happened in said sitiatuon, but I heard it was a lot of work for the site owner to get his stuff back. But he eventually did.

I have not witnessed such situation too but I know that hackers could steal your domain name because they are on top of the game and they're looking for loopholes where they could penetrate to get what does not belong to them by all means.

I have been hearing about the possibilities that you can be able to lose your domain to hack as if you are not security-conscious and that has made me to double up on all my effort.

I have not come across a case were hackers stole one's domain, i only know that they can steal a domain name and probably i have seen them steal a domain in movies.

I have been hearing about the possibilities that you can be able to lose your domain to hack as if you are not security-conscious and that has made me to double up on all my effort.
Hacking is probably the most often thing done to take hold of a site. I witnessed it at a forum I frequented when I was much younger. They would hijack the site, alter the code, change the layout, background, font, delete threads and posts with no way of getting them back in some cases. It's something I don't wish on anyone, because I saw it happen to sites and it is depressing when it happens.
For sure, having good security is a must.

It is very important that cybersecurity should be one of the first things on your mind whenever you are working on the internet because scammers s are getting very smart now.

Nope! I am very anal about my online security both for public websites as well as my personal computer's backend. I do not leave any room for hackers to sneak by!

I have also hear a story of people whose website we're back. But to the glory of God, I have never experienced such thing. It cannot be good experience to be attack by hackers. Those guy can take down any website.

I've never be in that kind of position before because I've never had a domain.
If you're in that kind of position, just alert the registry company you bought your domain from and make sure you're pushing them to ensure they take action immediately.

I've never been in that situation either, but I know hackers can steal your domain name. Because they are in danger and looking for loopholes to break into to acquire things that are never their own.

Has there ever been a time where a hacker stole your domain? I haven't had this happen to me, but I know a few people who's sites were taken down by hackers and they threatened to keep their domain. I don't recall what happened in said sitiatuon, but I heard it was a lot of work for the site owner to get his stuff back. But he eventually did.
Personally, I have not had this experience, but since scammers are becoming more sophisticated, it is crucial that information security be a part of your top considerations as you are working remotely.

i have never had to deal with that such of a thing before, i usually think it is after setting up the domain that is when hackers would want to steal your domain and not at the initial stage.

I've never found myself in that circumstance, however I'm aware that cybercriminals can take your web domain given that they are a threat and therefore are seeking for vulnerabilities to exploit in order to obtain stuff that were never theirs.

Though I haven't had a large number of security in place, but I'm so sure when I've expanded, I'll have a security team in place. Thankfully at the moment, I haven't had to deal with these monsters.

you need to put very stringent security measures, as it is bound to happen especially when your sites get to certain height which it will, that is when the hackers would come for your website.

Although I have not personally experienced such a scenario, I am aware that hackers are capable of stealing your domain name because they are skilled players who are constantly looking for ways to gain what is not rightfully theirs.

Although I have not personally experienced such a scenario, I am aware that hackers are capable of stealing your domain name because they are skilled players who are constantly looking for ways to gain what is not rightfully theirs.
they also prey on our ignorance, for instance i had a friend lose his social media account of over 20k followers because a certain hacker sent him a link about a mouth watering offer and he clicked on the link. that was the end of his page.

I have not come across a case were hackers stole one's domain, i only know that they can steal a domain name and probably i have seen them steal a domain in movies.
Considering the fact that I don't have any domain of my own at the moment, but I have seen so many instances like this where by hackers tends to dominate ones domain

I think that it is important to ensure that proper cybersecurity measures are put in place in order to restrict hackers because their methods are being updated as time goes on. I, for one, have never been hacked to be fair

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back