What's new

Have you ever bought stocks of any company and suffered a loss?

Good-Person

VIP Member
VIP Member
40,000 Post Club
Feb 6, 2021
USD
$1.9200USD
Biznotes
Whenever it comes to business or investment, profits and loss are inevitable. I think the same rule applies to buying stocks of a company. I have never in my life bought shares or stocks of any company. I would like to know if someone has ever done that or suffered a loss? I have heard of "stock market crash" but I do not know what are the chances of that ever happening and on what scale. Is it really a worthwhile investment or the chances of suffering a loss is much greater than earning something? I have never invested in stocks, so I need to know. Thanks.

Whenever it comes to business or investment, profits and loss are inevitable. I think the same rule applies to buying stocks of a company. I have never in my life bought shares or stocks of any company. I would like to know if someone has ever done that or suffered a loss? I have heard of "stock market crash" but I do not know what are the chances of that ever happening and on what scale. Is it really a worthwhile investment or the chances of suffering a loss is much greater than earning something? I have never invested in stocks, so I need to know. Thanks.
thumbnail.jpg

Earn $700 Every Day From Your Phone!
Earn $700 Every Day From Your Phone!​
secure.calch.gdn​
Yes! A bank shares, the bank went under after a few years and I can't account for any penny in that investment.

The man who helped purchase the shares also contributed to the problem, he was forthcoming and went the chips went down, everything was lost.

Yes, we lost 6,000 pesos or $120 in that first venture of stocks. But we have no intention to invest. The purchase of the stocks was just a requirement when buying a Pager. The company forced us with that 300 shares of stocks valued at 20 pesos. Unfortunately after a year the value of the stocks in the stock market dropped due to the arrival of the cellphone which made the Pager obsolete. We lost the entire investment.

Yes, we lost 6,000 pesos or $120 in that first venture of stocks. But we have no intention to invest. The purchase of the stocks was just a requirement when buying a Pager. The company forced us with that 300 shares of stocks valued at 20 pesos. Unfortunately after a year the value of the stocks in the stock market dropped due to the arrival of the cellphone which made the Pager obsolete. We lost the entire investment.

Oh! I am really sorry to hear about that loss of yours. So you said that you lost only $120 initially or you lost the entire amount? I mean you lost some other amount apart from those $120?

This is one of the things that cannot be avoided when we are talking about business. It is not every time that profit can be made, sometimes it is loss and one should be able to integrate himself to that so that he won't be disappointed

Whenever it comes to business or investment, profits and loss are inevitable. I think the same rule applies to buying stocks of a company. I have never in my life bought shares or stocks of any company. I would like to know if someone has ever done that or suffered a loss? I have heard of "stock market crash" but I do not know what are the chances of that ever happening and on what scale. Is it really a worthwhile investment or the chances of suffering a loss is much greater than earning something? I have never invested in stocks, so I need to know.
Doing a business and incurring a loss is one of the many had sides if being an entrepreneur or an investor and a person should be ready for this ireespective of which business the person finds himself in. Losses may see lm bad but they help you learn and understand better

Everyone wants to be the next Warren Buffet, but even the best investors end up with a few losing picks along the way. But, as long as you're still holding the stock, Uncle Sam doesn't want to hear about it on your taxes, because the value could still go back up. So, no matter how much the value of your stock has dropped, nothing happens to affect your taxes until you sell your shares. Until then, it's just an unrealized loss.

If you sell stock at a loss or hold on to it as it becomes worthless, such as through a corporate bankruptcy, you can claim a capital loss on your taxes. A capital loss can offset stock gains or any other capital gains in the same year or up to $3,000 in ordinary income.

I remember someone advising an uncle to open shares for me in a bank then instead of giving me the money so I could have access to the money in future after it must have increased, the bank has liquidated now though.

I can never forget my experience with one company here in my state, I wouldn't mention the name for confidential reasons. I bought 25000 stocks at N2.50k each only for the price of the stock to drop some weeks later, I was forced to sell and make a loss of nothing less than N20,000

A few investment on shares in some company - a media outfit, where the price was realy low,the dividens and bonus where coming in,then some govt policies that did'nt favour that sector- which is the media sector,the earnings droped and the value of the sahres came down

If you sell stock at a loss or hold on to it as it becomes worthless, such as through a corporate bankruptcy, you can claim a capital loss on your taxes. A capital loss can offset stock gains or any other capital gains in the same year or up to $3,000 in ordinary income.

Capital loss? I am not sure if all the countries have this facility. In my country there is no such thing as "Capital Loss Claims" on stock shares and if you suffer a loss no one is responsible for that and the government would do nothing for you. Could you please define how you can benefit from capital loss in your country?

Yes some years ago I bought some stock from a particular company called online purchase shares.come I bought stocks work in Bitcoin work 200$ my brother when the covid 19 pandemic strikes, I lost everything even my initial investment, so it's a very bad experience.

Yes some years ago I bought some stock from a particular company called online purchase shares.come I bought stocks work in Bitcoin work 200$ my brother when the covid 19 pandemic strikes, I lost everything even my initial investment, so it's a very bad experience.

The problem of Covid-19 caused many people to suffer from loss when they invested in the stock market. The international stock market got crashed during the month of February last year and it iwas not able to recover at least two months. This was one of the worst international stock market crash the world ever saw. I really hope things will get better this year.

I have never bought stocks, so I really have not experienced loss in stock or shares. Though sometimes I believe that there are losses in shares due to the economical effects.

Even from the question, i wont even have the mind to buy stock from a company that have suffered loss or suffering loss except if they have fully recovered and i am convinced to

I am yet to invest in shares. Well, if you invest in shares wisely and if you buy primary shares that is buy shares during the IPO, you do not normally make loss from the share market

there was a time I bought an investment opportunity to earn a certain percentage and place a withdrawal within 14 days in a particular online community but they end up not being able to keep to their word and I suffered a loss after subscribing for their VIP earning level. That was the only loss I had ever since I started.

There are many times when I have purchased stock in a company and today's stock market crash and there was a significant loss. The concern comes in deciding whether to let a stock continue and risk further loss or to cash out and try and secure a certain amount of return. Investing in a company is pretty much the same as investing in a cryptocurrency and so there will be a lot of risk.

Yes, not once, not twice! I have on several occasions bought shares and the dip. But i never panic, what i do is to give them time. Some will recover after a while, while others will suffer a permanent drop. Although most of the shares i still hold are local. I am still skeptical on international markets.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back