What's new

Have you ever been harassed while working online?

Absolutely no I don't really think it might happen in the future. simply because I try my best to do what is expected of me and try to mind my business rather than involving into something that does not concerning me.

Absolutely no I don't really think it might happen in the future. simply because I try my best to do what is expected of me and try to mind my business rather than involving into something that does not concerning me.

Being harassed online is something that many people may not experience that much because the person who bully you may not be able to cause any physical harm to you. However, the case is really different if you encounter a bully in school or college.

I have not had that experience and there is no way anyone is going to harass me because I am working online. I believe in mutual respect and people should be respected wherever that they are on the internet. So, anyone attempting to harass me online won't get the attention that they need from me.

I have not had that experience and there is no way anyone is going to harass me because I am working online. I believe in mutual respect and people should be respected wherever that they are on the internet. So, anyone attempting to harass me online won't get the attention that they need from me.

I have had such experience once with a forum once. It wasn't a good one because the abuse or harassment came from one of the forum staff. I tried my best to keep working on on forum overlooking everything that was happening but at one point, I gave up. I had to leave the forum permanently.

I have not experienced anyone trying to bully or harass me as I work online. Though I am always civil while working online. Nobody could harass anyone when you are not causing any trouble or abusing someone..

I have not experienced anyone trying to bully or harass me as I work online. Though I am always civil while working online. Nobody could harass anyone when you are not causing any trouble or abusing someone..

When you have been in a forum that's toxic, that's when you would understand how some people can go out of the line to attack you. I have been there and done that as finally walked away. Now if I see any community that's toxic, I will leave immediately.

When you have been in a forum that's toxic, that's when you would understand how some people can go out of the line to attack you. I have been there and done that as finally walked away. Now if I see any community that's toxic, I will leave immediately.
Really, it is inhuman to harass someone for doing nothing. It is good you walked away, I would do the same.
I only choose reputable forums I join and interact with good people..

If being accused of doing something which you never did which led to you being removed from a staff member position and insulted by co-owner of a forum before paying you off of the money they owed you is considered as a harassment, it's what I've been through.

If being accused of doing something which you never did which led to you being removed from a staff member position and insulted by co-owner of a forum before paying you off of the money they owed you is considered as a harassment, it's what I've been through.

being accused of something you never did could be a very horrible thing. If you are innocent, then there is no way you should be accused of doing anything wrong. Sometimes handling such kind of situations could be hard. So, people need to be really careful with whom they deal with.

I can't say that I have ever been harrassed whilst working online. I have had a few issues that were resolved pretty quickly but nothing that I found was harassing in any way.

I find my work and the people I work with to go quite smoothly and without issues and I prefer that as I hate the stress that comes with issues.

being accused of something you never did could be a very horrible thing. If you are innocent, then there is no way you should be accused of doing anything wrong. Sometimes handling such kind of situations could be hard. So, people need to be really careful with whom they deal with.
I had to walk away from the job because it was becoming what I never signed up for. Any work I would be doing which threatens my peace of mind, I don't care how much it pays me, I will wake away from it because before I wasn't on the job, I never died.

Really, it is inhuman to harass someone for doing nothing. It is good you walked away, I would do the same.
I only choose reputable forums I join and interact with good people..

Yeah, that's exactly what I have been through in some forums. I think that I have mentioned somewhere about the horrible experience that I had on a gaming forum called VGR. Almost every one I know who worked in the forum saw hell at the hands of a moderator called Shagger. The owner paid $15 or $18 I can't remember to work per month.

I can't seem to ever remember a time like that. I started doing work online in 2017. I think my personality reflects online too. Most times I can perceive certain things from a person just from the way they write. If I'm not comfortable, I stay away. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I stay away from confrontation when I see it.

I can't seem to ever remember a time like that. I started doing work online in 2017. I think my personality reflects online too. Most times I can perceive certain things from a person just from the way they write. If I'm not comfortable, I stay away. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I stay away from confrontation when I see it.
Yes we are in the same shoe I can't attack someone who make post or comments online if I can't participate in the conversation I will skip it to another so I can't remember been harassed online by any folks

Yes we are in the same shoe I can't attack someone who make post or comments online if I can't participate in the conversation I will skip it to another so I can't remember been harassed online by any folks

Being melt with racist remarks was the worst that I have been through whenever I think of being mistreated when I was working online in forums. There was a time when I took a mental break from working on the forum so that I don't lose my mind but that never stop the person abusing me from doing. He was left untouched because he was a mod.

Has there ever been a time where you were harassed while working online? But lets say it's your boss or another co-worker. How do you deal with it? Bring it to HR? Do you question the person yourself?

Since I work on my own for the most part, I never had to deal with a boss doing that. But I have been harassed by other people who do what I do and by people that weren't happy with the work I put in.

What about you? Did you ever get it to stop?
Not really... can't say I've ever been harassed while working online jobs. I've dealt with some tough editors, they don't like it when you can't hear the audio and you have no choice but to put **** for the missing word, or sometimes even a whole chunk of the sentence. That's where you put the **** and then "inaudible segment" and timestamp it. Some editors/proofreaders take that as some kind of insult, like why couldn't you hear that? I could!
Then they send it back to you with all the missing parts for you to type in (when it would've been sooo much faster for them to type in the missing pieces themselves.) They have special software to hear the hard parts of audio, where as the transcriptionists do not.

It is always going to be in your best interest to leave any kind of community where you are not respected and treated right. This is because the more you are going to be making use of that community is the more you're going to keep being depressed from how you are treated. I don't understand how some people feel better when they trample on others.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back