What's new

Have you ever been forced to change a domain?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Has there ever been a timed where you had to change a domain? Whether it be because the domain was too similar, or maybe it was offensive in nature. Has this ever happened to you? I can't say it has happened to me, but I have worried about domains of mine being taken over because of dumb reasons.

I only had to change my domain once and that was because the niche of my forum no longer fitted the name I had in the URL so it made sense for me to change it so that would be something more fitting. I had a general discussion forum and I remember having my URL be share central and that for me ended up not really matching what my site was about. For any other reasons like a URL being offensive or anything like that, I have never had to change a URL for that reason.

I only had to change my domain once and that was because the niche of my forum no longer fitted the name I had in the URL so it made sense for me to change it so that would be something more fitting. I had a general discussion forum and I remember having my URL be share central and that for me ended up not really matching what my site was about. For any other reasons like a URL being offensive or anything like that, I have never had to change a URL for that reason.
Or there is another reason for changing URL if the URL is question is similar to a copyrighted domain name so the owner of domain may fill a complaint against you then you are forced to choose another domain name and this happens sometimes unfortenally.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back