What's new

Have you ever been asked to work for a new startup?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Has there ever been a time where you were asked or even hired on to work for a new startup? I have been asked by a few startups for my help, and I have passed on a lot. But there have been some I was curious about, but never pulled the trigger on investing or joining up.

But, would you work for a new startup if it seemed legit?

I don't really love working for new startups. The only one I worked for, I was sure to safety that the owner has enough money to pay staff out of pocket. That's because new startups rarely generate money to run itself in the first years.

Has there ever been a time where you were asked or even hired on to work for a new startup? I have been asked by a few startups for my help, and I have passed on a lot. But there have been some I was curious about, but never pulled the trigger on investing or joining up.

After my experience with investing in the project which was actually a Ponzi and I was not aware, it was called MMM, I ended up losing a very good amount of money in the project. I have always been very careful with investing in any new startup today.

I've never been asked to work for a new startup. I wouldn't work for a new startup even if it seemed legit. I would rather work for a company that have been around for some time.

Actually I have not be given such opportunities and I believe it's not really a bad idea because I believe everything has a start.

I will accept if I am given such opportunities.

I have not worked for a new start up but it is my plan soonest. I am strategizing for new thing to venture into since I see one money opportunity. It is an empowerment that I need to utilize quickly.

Yes actually I was invited for an interview in a new start up even though I was really discouraged by some friends regarding the issue of payment but I insisted because I need a job.

I am not one of the most happiest person because of that job.

If I can confirm that a startup is legit, I can work for them, even if much money is not involved. At least by working with them, you'll gain experience and learn some new skills that will help you in your career. But I can not invest my money on new start up.

Absolutely yes, it was so challenging in the start simply because most of my friends have been working with a well long organized business or companies and I felt mine was under rated among.

Yes, I have been hired to work for a start up before, Though the hiring was contract based.
It was meant to be for 3 months. For the 3 months, I worked for them, It was actually very stressful. Though, I gained a lot from it.

I have never been hired to work for a new startup. But I will definitely take the job if the new company is legit and has been started well. I just hope that the management is great such that things start off smoothly.

I don't really love working for new startups. The only one I worked for, I was sure to safety that the owner has enough money to pay staff out of pocket. That's because new startups rarely generate money to run itself in the first years.
Well, I see nothing wrong in working for new startups especially when someone is a newbie or a fresh graduate. It will even allow the person to have some kind of experiences.

The problem sometimes with new startups is always if they would be able to pay salaries. You know navigating the challenges of starting a new business and meeting up with salaries is not easy. That's always my fear.

Well, I see nothing wrong in working for new startups especially when someone is a newbie or a fresh graduate. It will even allow the person to have some kind of experiences.
The only condition that can make me to work for a new startup is if they give me express assurance that my pay would be done when due. It is even worse in Nigeria where I am from. They would be expecting you to be understanding with them. I am all about my money.

The problem sometimes with new startups is always if they would be able to pay salaries. You know navigating the challenges of starting a new business and meeting up with salaries is not easy. That's always my fear.
The majority of them may not be able to afford payment of so many salaries so they will just decide to employ one person to do the work of three people. They may also be owing salaries.

The majority of them may not be able to afford payment of so many salaries so they will just decide to employ one person to do the work of three people. They may also be owing salaries.
That's the reason I don't even bother myself working for them. I have a short fuse for non payment of salaries. I can't stand when I give in my efforts and I am not duly paid.

I've worked for a new start up only once. It was a lottery company and it's the only involvement which I've been in gambling. I tried being on the job for a long time but my spirit couldn't be calm about it. I was restless almost all the time I'm at work. I had to resign from the job after 2 months.

I've worked for a new start up only once. It was a lottery company and it's the only involvement which I've been in gambling. I tried being on the job for a long time but my spirit couldn't be calm about it. I was restless almost all the time I'm at work. I had to resign from the job after 2 months.

I have worked for a new start-up when my family started a new business. It lasted for a few months and I used to manage it. There are many challenges when it comes to working for new start-ups. The workflow may be quite unpredictable many times. This is something that I have experienced myself.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back