What's new

Have crypto currencies provided a safe haven for scammers?

Bookwormlux

Ledgendary Member
5000+ Posts Club
Nov 10, 2020
USD
$4.0000USD
Biznotes
Bitcoin and other crypto currencies offer some level of anonymity and I think this is somehow an avenue for scammers to find things easy, since they cannot be easily traced and arrested. Corrupt politicians in some countries can also store their stolen funds in crypto currency wallets.
What do you think?

Well , I would have totally agree with you but considering the present cases where cryptocurrency scam transaction has been traced and culprits caught and punished , I think it is not really a safe heaven. As for politicians , well I guess yes they can hide their money in it.

I must confess that it is quite disheartening to see the amount of crimes going on in the crypto world but I am so sure that soon enough these activities will be better checked than they are now.

A couple of years ago, yeah crypto seemed like the perfect thing for scammers. But today we have KYC and lots of scammers have been caught for stealing cryptocurrencies. Take for example the hack from Kucoin exchange a couple of months ago. More than 280 million dollars were stolen but they managed to catch them because they tried to exchange their stolen funds on different exchanges. They arrested them and also recovered all funds. So it's not so easy anymore to hide your identity if you are a crypto scammer or hacker

Well , I would have totally agree with you but considering the present cases where cryptocurrency scam transaction has been traced and culprits caught and punished , I think it is not really a safe heaven. As for politicians , well I guess yes they can hide their money in it.
Yeah. Those corrupt politicians would make policies that would make it hard for them to be suspected. I wish things aren't this bad.

You are not far from the thruth though, Crypto currency create an avenue to make transactions and at the same time remain anonymous, places where illegal activities are carried out sooner than later will start using Crypto. Hopefully there will be a way to curb the development.

You are correct, cryptocurrency does provide a safe haven for cyber criminals. There is no presence of a financial institution to checkmate and track transactions. If a you mistakenly send your bitcoin to a scammer, there is no way you will get it back. That is why users have to be very careful.
Post automatically merged:

You are correct, cryptocurrency does provide a safe haven for cyber criminals. There is no presence of a financial institution to checkmate and track transactions. If a you mistakenly send your bitcoin to a scammer, there is no way you will get it back. That is why users have to be very careful.

Yes, I totally agree with you that crypto currency exchange has finally created a safe haven for scammers and corrupt politicians because, this wallet stored with different crypto coin can not be traced and one analyst even said that's why most coin like Bitcoin surge pass $35000 of recent in the market.

Bitcoin and other crypto currencies offer some level of anonymity and I think this is somehow an avenue for scammers to find things easy, since they cannot be easily traced and arrested. Corrupt politicians in some countries can also store their stolen funds in crypto currency wallets.
What do you think?
I agree with you and that seems to be the reason why most crypto currency transactions cannot be regulated by many individuals and governments. Because of the nature of the blockchain technology, and transactions, it has provided a room for scammers to come into crypto and that can't be controlled easily.

A lot of crimes happen in the crypto world this days that make a lot of people sacred to invest. Imagine trying to buy bitcoin as a newbie and ended up getting scammed by this fraudsters. Not good at all

What do you think?
Yes this topic has been in the waking for a while now, and truly it does provide a safe haven for scammers and the likes, there is no for of body that controls and regulate bitcoin database i.e the respective wallet and all will all have it in their policy to protect users hence the anonymity.

Yeah I totally agree that cryptocurrencies has become a safe haven for scammers because transactions done on all cryptocurrencies are airtight secure and untraceable. The wallet stored with different crypto coin can not be traced and one analyst even said that's why most coin like Bitcoin surge pass $35000 of recent in the market.

Cryptocurrencies truly creates a platform where criminals can actually operates due to it's anonymous mature, it maybe also true that politicians can stack up their stolen wealth in cryptocurrencies also, the good thing is that criminals are now being traced even on cryptocurrencies now, so it's not a totally helpless situation.

To some extent, cryptocurrencies created safe heaven for scammers and illegal activities without being traced. But with the invention of KYC on some crypto platforms, there won't be complete anonymousity if you were to use those platforms.

Yes... Politicians can easily hide huge sum of money in their cryptocurrency wallet without being traced by the government.

Thinking of the preventive measures by the crypto currency from the scammers. I see and understand the angle you are talking from but I believe this is not something that can be done at once. The more the technology improve the more it will be easier to secure the crypto.

What do you think?
Yes dear I'm absolutely agree with your opinion, cryptocurrency is just a game of digits which are not understood by all people, so it's an easy way to mislead the innocent people, and i have never seen a scammer to be caught by police.

Despite the fact that crypto transactions could be traced, I do not think it is as easy as you may be thinking. It will require a lot of processes and only someone who is really patient can pursue till the end.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back