What's new

Have any of your domains been banned in certain countries?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Has there ever been a time where one of your sites got blocked in a certain country? All of my sites work in the US, but I'm curious if any of my sites work in other countries. I imagine they do, but ya never know I guess.

Anyway, have any of your domains been blocked in certain countries? If so, how did it happen? Were you able to resolve the issue?

To my knowledge, I don't think any domains I have had in the past or even ones I have now are banned in any countries but at the same time I wouldn't know how to check to be honest so I am unaware as to whether or not they have been banned in any countries. I seem to get traffic from many places though and much of the places I get traffic from are places that I would like to be seeing traffic from so if my domains are banned in any country, it's not affecting me too badly.

I don't think my domains have been banned in any country. However, facebook has one of my domains. The domain is an xyz domain and I suspect that the domain has been banned by facebook because my competitor reported the site.

Well I have not gone far in domaining but I know that there are rules that once you do not follow well while either purchasing or selling domain, your domain can be banned.

this is new to me but i understand why certain domain names would be banned in some countries like betting domains might not be allowed in some Muslim countries.

I don't think my domains have been banned in any country. However, facebook has one of my domains. The domain is an xyz domain and I suspect that the domain has been banned by facebook because my competitor reported the site.
Facebook has this bad policy for banning links for whatever reason so you have to rely on other social media networks for promoting your business instead of head ache.

Facebook has this bad policy for banning links for whatever reason so you have to rely on other social media networks for promoting your business instead of head ache.
I believe my lank was banned when someone reported the link. Sadly, facebook did not even bother to do research on the content before banning my link. It did not even ask me a single question about the link.

facebook have strick policies this period and one that i hate so much which is giving you a ban for almost nothing as they always realize there mistake when you appeal the decision.

Not that I am aware of. I have had Tweets and videos on YouTube that have been banned in other countries but never entire websites, unless for some reason they had been and I was just not aware. I do block some myself on the back-end of some sites to prevent spam.

Researching the background of our domain names will prevent banning in other countries.
To my knowledge, I don't think any domains I have had in the past or even ones I have now are banned in any countries but at the same time I wouldn't know how to check to be honest so I am unaware as to whether or not they have been banned in any countries. I seem to get traffic from many places though and much of the places I get traffic from are places that I would like to be seeing traffic from so if my domains are banned in any country, it's not affecting me too badly.
To check if your domain name is banned in other countries, you can use various online tools and resources such as the GreatFire Analyzer or the Herdict Web Monitor. These tools can help you determine if your website or domain is accessible in countries where internet censorship is prevalent.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back