What's new

Has a customer denied you pay before?

Has there ever been a time where you were denied pay from a customer after completing the work? I haven't dealt with too many people doing this, but I have had to deal with a couple people trying to get away with free work. Thankfully those times, it wasn't a ton of money, but it did hurt some.

What about you?
Many a times when I would have offered a service and then I would be left hanging to various excuses when it was time for payment maybe because of human selfishness.

I have not experienced being denied pay in the past as far as freelance writing is concerned. It rarely happened on the freelancing site I used to work with but rejections can sometimes happen. The writer gets a warning in such cases. However, I've experienced rejections for some surveys. In some of them, I get screened out in the middle while a couple of these surveys rejected me after completing the surveys. For this reason, I don't count surveys as reliable work.

We cannot always be the same in behaviours and manners, some people lack manners and like frustrating other people and some do it for fun because they like tormeting their worker's.
Some people can be wicked and can always show it through the way they threat others, I was once denied my pay after one month of total hard work, by a selfish employer so I quite the job.

Something like this has happened to me when I was still a freelancer on fiverr. I'll be with a couple of backlinks as a client in minded and I deliver the job after some days. The client rated my service low and demand for a refund.

A customer has never denied me if my money simply because I can not provide you with the services demanded if you have not pay me in cash. I do such in other to avoid misunderstanding in terms of payment.

Unfortunately yes, a neighbor once asked me to tutor her son since the former tutor couldn't be available so I did for let's say a month and till now it's been years too she hasn't paid or talked about it

I have encountered this in my offline business. The customer promised to pay for the service I rendered. It later became very bad because he didn't pay me.

I have witnessed this times without number in my offline business. I haven't seen this happening on my online earnings. Many customers would do that deliberately , and it could be detrimental at times.

I have had some not so good experience about delivering products we have to offer to clients who refuse to pay us on time,and it was not funny,as we have to be doing follow up on all of them.

I have been in such a similar situation before. i worked for somebody and the person refused to pay me for the work that I did for him, up till now he is still owning me

I have never been in such a situation like that because I've never been a Marketers, when I am interested to carry out a transactions I only deal with people I believe are trusted enough, I can't do Business with untrusted peoples.

I have not started any buying and selling activities for now that a customer will uphold my money. But I have so many experiences about people who are still battling with their customers on the issue of debt.
Well, I have started run any business transactions for now, but I believe and i have heard alot of issues concerning the denial of payment by the customers due to some reasons.

Last edited:
I never had such experience before and I don't even deal with selling of product. The possible causes of this could be because of bad quality product or something similar .

I've never experienced this, and I do not wish anyone to, because no one deserves not to be paid for a product/service after exerting a lot of effort. It's disappointing to know that people are taking advantage of others.

Such has never happened to me before. I don't even deal with selling of products or services but there are some website I worked with in the past that after working on the platform they didn't paid my money.

As long as one is dealing with human beings,you are bound to meet different kind of persons,they do things in such a way that looks like it is normal to deny you of your payment for services rendered or even product being sold.

I have been denied payment before and I was not happy with that because is not really easy, you will feel so pain with that, and I pray for such thing never to repeat again in my life

I have had this happen a few times when I would freelance web jobs. I set up someone's WordPress theme which was agreed that it would be $450 and the person refused to pay me claiming that I didn't do anything. This was when I did work on the side without a platform or structure which was my mistake. I should have gotten the money up front.

Since I have started my offline business, I have never been denied of payment before because i have always been satisfying my customer and they don't have any cause to deny me of payment.

As a business owner you are always going to be first to handle situations like this but I am always happy that the law enforcement are always there in order to retain the money.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back