Green Hosting

jyy

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Do you feel it's a rip-off? I mean, does it really help the environment? How about the cost? Is it too expensive, especially if it isn't living up to environmental potential? Anyway, though, I would need more research before I could say if it helps the world or not.

Claraviolet

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Green hosting is really good but it's too expensive, when compared to regular hosting. You will just have to justify yourself that, you are paying so much, to do your bit to save Mother Earth.

There are a few other hosting providers who are not legit. We will just have to search for them online to get more information about how they do things first. You could also use others reviews as well, for this purpose.

cafediscussions

Nomad

Madly Diligent
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Green Hosting is just a marketing gimmicks. These people are trying to make money by cashing on people's sentiments, mostly the people who care about environment. By using the word green that are charging more.

Ralphjoe

Madly Diligent
Verified Poster
BizNotes
This green website hosting services is actually a very good website hosting service but the disadvantage of it is that it is quite expensive although it was designed to reduce the environmental impact normal hosting in cure on the environment.

cowantussie

Resident Member
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Green hosting or eco-friendly hosting is Internet hosting which involves green technologies to reduce environmental impact.

Green hosting includes Carbon offsetting, powering a data center directly with renewable energy, planting trees, plants, and grass around and over Data Centers and more day-to-day activities such as energy conservation and the use of energy-saving appliances.

eLdavis

Seasoned Veteran
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Wow i was not aware there was such a thing as green hosting. Well i think it has its right to be abit costly. Tho this not being my field, but i believe what is needed to run this system is totally different from the regular hosting we have.

Nomad

Madly Diligent
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Green hosting means they are using green power to run their servers. For example, they use renewal energy such as solar, wind, hydro electricity to power their servers.

Ralphjoe

Madly Diligent
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Green hosting or eco-friendly hosting is Internet hosting which involves green technologies to reduce environmental impact.

Green hosting includes Carbon offsetting, powering a data center directly with renewable energy, planting trees, plants, and grass around and over Data Centers and more day-to-day activities such as energy conservation and the use of energy-saving appliances.
This green hosting technology is a very good technology and I will consider using it for my website hosting service because I am an environmentalist who cares for the health of the environment.

Justin

Seasoned Veteran
Verified Poster
BizNotes
I did not know there was something called green hosting. By gthe way green hosting is the term used only when the hosting is using green electricity?

Nomad

Madly Diligent
Verified Poster
BizNotes
That's correct. Green hosting is a term used for web hosting companies that uses renewal energy like solar, hydro, wind etc. to power their computers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock