What's new

Governments Borrowing Money, Instead of Printing. Good or Bad for Investing?

Why do governments borrow money and pay interest when they could print all the interest-free money they need themselves?

How does this affect inflation in where you live, if the country prints off money instead of borrowing it from banks or other countries?
If the government is forced to print money, the economy of that country will suffer. It will further decrease the value of the country's currency which is extremely detrimental. Therefore, I think the government deliberately desist from implementing this strategy because they know it is very risky

Government cannot just print money as they like. Any country that print money anyhow will enter into inflation. So, borrowing to invest in the economy is better than printing money.

If too much money is printed, there will likely be inflation and too much of it will be in circulation, and when something is in too much supply, it inevitably loses value.

Actually it's the best for the country and a better strategy to borrow rather than printing much of it. the essence is to control inflation by regulating too much money in the economy.

The case of borrowing has actually become a great big problem in my region as the government are continually borrowing without even creating a working system that would enable generate more funds internally to pay back those loans and prevent further debts.

I think that borrowing money or printing money both of them could possibly harm the economy of the country. This is due to the fact that it could seriously have an effect on the balance of payment of a country.

Actually the government can decide to print enough money as they wished but it's at the risk of the economy so the best to control that, is to borrow rather than printing enough.

When governments borrow money, the citizens will be in debt, and when the governments start printing more money, money will lose substantial value and people will have to spend more money on commodities. Both are bad.

The issue of borrowing has become very rampant in my country. The government is often borrowing without making good policies and plans for the wisely spending of the loans. Oftenly the loans end up in money laundering activities in the country.
If you can read my previous post on this subject I think it's depends on the country economy if the country economy is bad government will be borrowing money to support the economy of that country but for printing some raw material for doing that may not really be possible except for those develop country

There are certain limit of currency the government has to print , it will be far more worse for the government to start printing money because they need money , it will devalue the country currency and that's why they prefer borrowing instead of excessive printing .

The case of borrowing has actually become a great big problem in my region as the government are continually borrowing without even creating a working system that would enable generate more funds internally to pay back those loans and prevent further debts.

This is one of the biggest problem my country is facing right now when it comes to borrow money from international bodies and countries because the debt of the country have risen so high that is even difficult for the country to pay it off and it's making everything difficult in the country.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back