What's new

Got Scammed of $10 Paypal Funds on Nairaland. Have You Ever Been Scammed?

The most important thing is that this was not a huge amount of money but in whatever you are doing you should not trust anyone you met online for the first time except you have done transaction with the person and you have confirmed that the person is absolutely genuine.

The latest scams on Nairaland these days is concerning cryptocurrency. I don't understand why someone would leave p2p and go to a faceless forum to make exchange.

I have never been scammed through crypto but I think I have lost some money for a Ponzi site which I registered with some amount and when I reached the threshold, they refused to pay me

In todays world as people are trying to avoid been scammed, the more scammers are coming up with smooth and sweet methods. They will even give you fake proofs as to catch you. So watch out

I have never been scammed through crypto but I think I have lost some money for a Ponzi site which I registered with some amount and when I reached the threshold, they refused to pay me
That is a very common scam strategy that many of us have fallen for. But that of being scammed PayPal money, I have never experienced that. Those mostly are conmen who steal from people through lying.

It is really sad to hear that. As far as I know, there is no escrow service on Nairaland. Bizdustry is far much better than Nairaland because in here you can file a dispute complaint and the administrators can look into the issue and ban the scammers in here. Long Live Bizdustry!

There are some people out there who usually take advantage of people who are in problems. The same thing happens online. There was a time I paid a guy to train me on how to make money online and he abscond with my money.

We have to be very careful. Despite the fact I have never been scammed, but I believe one day I might fall into the traps of those scammers. but we have to be careful.

Scammers are everywhere and not just on Nairaland alone. You have to be careful when doing transactions with people especially those you've just met online.

I have never be scanned.if someone scamed of $10 paypal in naira land,he must report to the naira land owner and correct that bad habit,so that it would not spread to another person.

Is this the new trend on nairaland? Because this is not the first scam narrative I have read about nairaland.
Well, I have never been scammed before.

Last month, I was in need of $10 to add to my Paypal account. So I decided to ask on nairaland and a would-be seller got my contact after he claimed to have the funds. We negotiated on WhatsApp and agreed on 350/$ in order to execute the transaction. I credited him with 3500 naira after He sent his bank details. I informed them of the payment and after he confirmed it, he suddenly went offline and that was how he ran with the money. Luckily, for me, it wasn't more than $10. Be careful guys as you trade online. Many are not legit and desperately looking for who to hoodwinked.

You can easily get scammed on any website. You just have to do your due diligence very well and make some enquiry before you go ahead and transfer to it anybody on any website especially faceless forums.

Scammers are everywhere, I have been scammed a couple of times through online transactions. Scammers are just there looking for who to prey on. One must be very careful of who he or she trust online. It hard to have a trusted person online. Don't ever try it

How were you scammed? I was scammed by HYIPs only and that was the only time I actually lost real money. By the grace of Allah, I recovered the loss. I no longer invest in HYIPs.

Never trust anyone online unless you've known them for a long time or if an administrator or member of the website's staff is serving as a go-between. There are a lot of people online who will try to con you at every opportunity. So, from now on, be cautious. I despise the sensation of being duped.

Well I have never been scammed before and so I don't really know much about it but then I know it can be very heartbreaking to the victim and it can be so disheartening and bad

Nairaland is among one of the best website for me and that is where I got all information concerning news and events that happened around the world ,but I do not deal with any transaction on the platform because it is a faceless community.

Scammers are everywhere, I have been scammed a couple of times through online transactions. Scammers are just there looking for who to prey on. One must be very careful of who he or she trust online. It hard to have a trusted person online. Don't ever try it

Can you share your story? How did you get scammed? I was never scammed when I tried to exchange money, but I was scammed when I tried investing in HYIP projects.

I have been scammed $50 sometime ago by somebody who was pretending to be from my bank. It was a very foolish way for me to be scammed but I have been able to grow since then.

This is one of the biggest problems with not having a good your own PayPal account to receive funds. I don't deal with these criminals that are all over the internet.

Newest Directory Listings

smmgoal
Forums
Clicks
Views
Esimbuy.org is an innovative online platform that specializes in e-SIM products and services. As e-SIM technology continues to gain popularity for its flexibility and convenience, Esimbuy.org provides users with easy access to this modern solution
Nebulous
Forums
Clicks
Views
Off Topix is the best general discussion community around!
Back