What's new

Got Scammed of $10 Paypal Funds on Nairaland. Have You Ever Been Scammed?

I've been scammed quite a lot but I blame myself looking back,I paid for fixed matches and also invested in HYIPs we all know how the story goes

Such platforms are not to be taken lightly. I don't even own an account on the platform. Scams are just scattered everywhere. I'm so sorry about that. It's painful to be scammed of someone's hard-earned money.

This is not a new thing online. There are many sellers that are out there that are only want to dupe others and not to really do business. I think you have learnt how to deal with people while transacting.

Last month, I was in need of $10 to add to my Paypal account. So I decided to ask on nairaland and a would-be seller got my contact after he claimed to have the funds. We negotiated on WhatsApp and agreed on 350/$ in order to execute the transaction. I credited him with 3500 naira after He sent his bank details. I informed them of the payment and after he confirmed it, he suddenly went offline and that was how he ran with the money. Luckily, for me, it wasn't more than $10. Be careful guys as you trade online. Many are not legit and desperately looking for who to hoodwinked.
Ok it'll be difficult to get your refund because it was a faceless transaction and you don't know his PayPal details. It's better to do transactions involving money with a reputable escrow.

Nairaland is one of the most popular local social platform in Nigeria. You find the good the bad and the ugly there a lot. You got to be very careful when dealing with anybody there even if it's exscorw services

The day I was first scammed on nairaland, I never believed it was going to end up to be a scam and I was shocked when the guy scammed about 50 members of N3000 on WhatsApp group that he created.

Last edited:
Getting scammed hurts a lot. I got really hurt when HYIPs stole my $27. I know it may not sound like a big amount, but it was a really big amount for me. You should only trade with trustworthy, stable members on sites in order to avoid being scammed.

Last month, I was in need of $10 to add to my Paypal account. So I decided to ask on nairaland and a would-be seller got my contact after he claimed to have the funds. We negotiated on WhatsApp and agreed on 350/$ in order to execute the transaction. I credited him with 3500 naira after He sent his bank details. I informed them of the payment and after he confirmed it, he suddenly went offline and that was how he ran with the money. Luckily, for me, it wasn't more than $10. Be careful guys as you trade online. Many are not legit and desperately looking for who to hoodwinked.
So sad but o thought nairaland should have a criteria for doing this type of transaction because people can easily be scammed if there is no such criteria

They are really common every where you just have to be more careful not to fall for their tricks and scam ways ,both in nairaland and other platform , look and make research for a legit trader's

Regretsfully I'm one of the victims of Ponzi schemes. although the money I gain is more than that I have lost. I stopped when I lost money, glory be to God

This is exactly why I don't make any transactions related to money with anyone online, unless it's something I am okay with loosing, so Incase it turnout to be scam, you won't loose much. Thank God you didn't loose up to $10

This is pure wickedness and thank goodness that it was just $10 as I can't imagine what you would have done, if it was more than that. I have always been careful when I do transactions on Nairaland and I have been lucky not to get scammed because I know that there are people out there just to scam people of their money.

I have lost around $27-$28 to scammers. This was the time when I was actually losing more money than earning it. I do remember that I was in great trouble at that time. However, I have recovered that loss as of now.

I am so sorry for your loss, but the mistake you made was that you are not supposed to make the transfer immediately. At least you are supposed to use an escrow, that is the way you will be sure your money is safe or at least will be given back to you if you eventually realize the other person is s scammer.

Such platforms are not to be taken lightly. I don't even own an account on the platform. Scams are just scattered everywhere. I'm so sorry about that. It's painful to be scammed of someone's hard-earned money.

Do you mean that Nairaland should not be trusted? As far as I know, Nairaland is one of the most popular Nigerian forum on the internet. I am sure there are many people who are trustworthy.

I just can't when I allow my emotion and greet to run over my logic. I saw a program which stated that I'll become a millionaire in 3 months time with just one time down payment and I got scammed.

The only part in crypto currency I feared most is that when you get scammed, its always difficult to find the scammer most especially in crypto currency...

We all know that there are scammers everywhere so one need to be very careful when it comes to online business, because scammers is everywhere.

First I will say sorry for falling a victim,I haven't be scammed but my facebook account was hacked and was supposed to be used to scam others but I was able to call a few persons and ask them to relay the message,and I also open a new account and add up so many friends and the scammer was faustrated and had to call me and Inaulted for not letting him scammed people of money

The rate at which scam is increasing these days is quite alarming especially when trying to get something online but thankfully there are other ways to be safe, like using escrow

Yes! I'm a victim of circumstance. I've been scammed numerous time and I don't just learn the lesson because I see it like, if I need to succeed I must take risk. It's draining when it doesn't work out at the end of the day. I've learnt my lesson but I have to be more critical and maintain tenacity.

Newest Directory Listings

smmgoal
Forums
Clicks
Views
Esimbuy.org is an innovative online platform that specializes in e-SIM products and services. As e-SIM technology continues to gain popularity for its flexibility and convenience, Esimbuy.org provides users with easy access to this modern solution
Nebulous
Forums
Clicks
Views
Off Topix is the best general discussion community around!
Back