What's new

Got Scammed of $10 Paypal Funds on Nairaland. Have You Ever Been Scammed?

Naira land Forum is not advisable as there are many scams and fake people there so it is better to use a better and trusted website when you are making deals
Although there are scammers there but yet there are people that are coming there to do legit business, we all need to be careful when we are doing anything that has to do with online transaction..

Although there are scammers there but yet there are people that are coming there to do legit business, we all need to be careful when we are doing anything that has to do with online transaction..
thus it is important to first verify the website before investing or depositing any money. I too got scammed in many various website, specially by hyip programs. Afterwards I stop investing in these websites.

I think in our quest to earn online getting exposed to scams is almost inevitable. I have also had an experience with someone I met on Nairaland. I guess one has to be more proactive from henceforth. Scams on Nairaland are now becoming norms and it sucks to know that seun is not doing anything about it.
Yes one can get scam most times on PayPal when you are deceived so you have to be very very careful on starting up a PayPal because it is not really accessible here in Nigeria.

Nairaland is a Nigerian social forum for interaction and other activities as well. A lot of people has gotten their help from this platform as well a gotten scammed on this very same platform. We should very careful how we conduct business there always

Welcome to Nairaland lol. A forum filled with a whole lot of leech, spammer and scammer. You better thank God that it doesn't exceed $10, I stop making transactions with anyone on nairaland since 2019 when I got scammed of over 240k for a btc transaction

thus it is important to first verify the website before investing or depositing any money. I too got scammed in many various website, specially by hyip programs. Afterwards I stop investing in these websites.
Nairaland is not an investment website, it is a large online community in Nigeria in which a lot of people go there to do business and contribute idea in one way or the other, it is a great place you always like to explore.

Its a pity dear that you got scammed $10 PayPal funds. Scammers are just everywhere. You should activate cash back option to trace your funds and get it transfered back if you have better backup.

Nairaland is a Nigerian social forum for interaction and other activities as well. A lot of people has gotten their help from this platform as well a gotten scammed on this very same platform. We should very careful how we conduct business there always
Do you mean to say that the site is a forum that is engaged with finances or business? Maybe I can agree that you can get real help for the business when you meet the right people. But forums can be a den of thieves so we should not be trusting strangers that we meet there.

Last month, I was in need of $10 to add to my Paypal account. So I decided to ask on nairaland and a would-be seller got my contact after he claimed to have the funds. We negotiated on WhatsApp and agreed on 350/$ in order to execute the transaction. I credited him with 3500 naira after He sent his bank details. I informed them of the payment and after he confirmed it, he suddenly went offline and that was how he ran with the money. Luckily, for me, it wasn't more than $10. Be careful guys as you trade online. Many are not legit and desperately looking for who to hoodwinked.
Next time make sure you use trusted exchange for any web currency you want to do. Better still you can open the Nigerian PayPal, you can still use it to send money and make purchases online but you can't receive earnings with it.

I hate the feeling of being scammed. I have been scammed twice which made me resolve to only do tasks or work those jobs online that doesn't require me investing before I can earn

I hate the feeling of being scammed. I have been scammed twice which made me resolve to only do tasks or work those jobs online that doesn't require me investing before I can earn
Just twice and your are on the verge of giving up. It's well with our dear country. We've lost our conscience and human feelings. A lot doesn't even care. All they want is to extort others.

I have not been scammed on PayPal before, PayPal is not even working in my area I think it's restricted in my area but I have been scammed before, mostly by Ponzi.

It doesn't feel nice that people are scammed by others, if not fellow member in a forum site. I believe the person who scammed the poster $10 is from the Nairaland forum too.
Bro I certainly feel your pain. Some people just good. They think because it's on the internet they can get away with anything. I think you should be more careful on nairaland, it's home to both scammers and genuine people.

Yeah i have been scammed several times online that's why it is good to always be careful of doing any transactions online because scammers are everywhere.

Last month, I was in need of $10 to add to my Paypal account. So I decided to ask on nairaland and a would-be seller got my contact after he claimed to have the funds. We negotiated on WhatsApp and agreed on 350/$ in order to execute the transaction. I credited him with 3500 naira after He sent his bank details. I informed them of the payment and after he confirmed it, he suddenly went offline and that was how he ran with the money. Luckily, for me, it wasn't more than $10. Be careful guys as you trade online. Many are not legit and desperately looking for who to hoodwinked.
That was a shifty transaction you got yourself into there, and you’re right.. just be glad it wasn’t for more that $10.00.
I’ve been scammed many times online (mostly just in the beginning when I didn’t know what the heck I was doing.) Usually paid to post forums and paid to click sites that magically disappeared right before payout. The whole site would just vanish.
But semi-recently, someone (attempted) to scam me when I put my old car up for sale on Craigslist.. I’d say about 9 months ago. So this was an online/offline type scam.
I posted in the car ad: “as is” - the car did have a few minor problems but still drivable. The purchaser quickly bought the car and then started calling and texting my dad and saying things like, “This car needs a lot of work! Many repairs! You will need to send me about $2000 to get this car fixed.” And so on... and so on.
Luckily, my dad and I were in on this together right from the start, 😏 so of course the only message he got back from us was: We said AS IS.
A deal’s a deal. The car is yours now. We are not going to pay for the sudden problems you are having with your car.
And that was that.
😉

Last edited:
Bro I certainly feel your pain. Some people just good. They think because it's on the internet they can get away with anything. I think you should be more careful on nairaland, it's home to both scammers and genuine people.

As far as I know, Nairaland is a Nigerian forum, am I right? It is one of the most popular forums on the internet that ranks well. Scammers are everywhere and we have to be really careful with whom we deal with. Unfortunately, such kind of scammers make the forum look bad and such scammers should be banned immediately. Forum owners should also try to investigate such issues seriously and fairly.

This is really a sad experience. A lot of people have been a victim of scam on that PLATFORM and that is why I really read review about a company or individual before I part ways with my money with them
Sometimes you have to learn the hard way for you to become more careful and smarter when dealings with people you do not know. Since I have been scammed on nairaland, I always do a thorough research on whatever it is that I want to invest on.

I'm not the one who is scammed, rather the OP of this topic is the one scammed. I'm trying to sympathise with him by given him emphasizes how he got scammed.

Scamming online is not a new thing and i believe almost ninety percent of online workers and investors has been scam me one way or the other, I have also been a victim twice.

I have never loved visiting nairaland for any questions, news, or answers to my demands. The site is full of corrupt people.
Yeah, I have been scammed once last year of a sum of 25k

Newest Directory Listings

smmgoal
Forums
Clicks
Views
Esimbuy.org is an innovative online platform that specializes in e-SIM products and services. As e-SIM technology continues to gain popularity for its flexibility and convenience, Esimbuy.org provides users with easy access to this modern solution
Nebulous
Forums
Clicks
Views
Off Topix is the best general discussion community around!
Back