What's new

Got Scammed of $10 Paypal Funds on Nairaland. Have You Ever Been Scammed?

It doesn't feel nice that people are scammed by others, if not fellow member in a forum site. I believe the person who scammed the poster $10 is from the Nairaland forum too.

This discussion gives us a neat lesson on trust. Yeah, you should not be trusting someone you do not really know and you have not even seen the "real" face. It is fortunate that the scammed amount was only 10 dollars but still he was scammed simply because he trusted the guy. I had received such offers for conversion but I just ignore them.

I know that I have been into scam sites but I have never gone into something that made me to loose my money because I am always careful when it comes to things like that.

You have done well to alert people on this. It is rather unfortunate that you were scammed. Scammers are just everywhere and the rate of scamming these days is very high. It is a warning that we have to be extremely careful when dealing with people online.

I do not know Nairaland, but I have not been scammed online. So, far I have worked on only three sites and I have not been a victim any where. Scamming is very common on social sites

Scammer are everywhere one just need to open eyes wide and research before trading with people.
Yes of course I have been scammed on WhatsApp before and also on I paid to post website known as TCP gaming whereby the promise to pay but it all turned out that they are all scams so since then I have been quite careful on the website that I work on so that I won't be able to get scammed again.

You have done well to alert people on this. It is rather unfortunate that you were scammed. Scammers are just everywhere and the rate of scamming these days is very high. It is a warning that we have to be extremely careful when dealing with people online.
I agree with you. There are so many improved and sophisticated methods these scammers use now that if you aren't vigilant enough you would fall prey.

Last month, I was in need of $10 to add to my Paypal account. So I decided to ask on nairaland and a would-be seller got my contact after he claimed to have the funds. We negotiated on WhatsApp and agreed on 350/$ in order to execute the transaction. I credited him with 3500 naira after He sent his bank details. I informed them of the payment and after he confirmed it, he suddenly went offline and that was how he ran with the money. Luckily, for me, it wasn't more than $10. Be careful guys as you trade online. Many are not legit and desperately looking for who to hoodwinked.
Thank your stars it wasn't more than that, I have been scammed before Nd it wasn't funny as the money was meant for something important I just felt let Meuse it for this business and that was the end.

Yes of course I have been scammed on WhatsApp before and also on I paid to post website known as TCP gaming whereby the promise to pay but it all turned out that they are all scams so since then I have been quite careful on the website that I work on so that I won't be able to get scammed again.
I have scammed on nairaland. The guy that scammed me scammed a lot of people. We met on nairaland and he moved everyone to a WhatsApp group where he scammed about 60 members of the group N3,000 each immediately he received the money he locked the group and deactivated his account.

Its a pity you got scammed, that is an eye opener to others not to invest money without going through review to ascertain the needful to invest without losing funds anyhow.

Last month, I was in need of $10 to add to my Paypal account. So I decided to ask on nairaland and a would-be seller got my contact after he claimed to have the funds. We negotiated on WhatsApp and agreed on 350/$ in order to execute the transaction. I credited him with 3500 naira after He sent his bank details. I informed them of the payment and after he confirmed it, he suddenly went offline and that was how he ran with the money. Luckily, for me, it wasn't more than $10. Be careful guys as you trade online. Many are not legit and desperately looking for who to hoodwinked.
I was thinking PayPal isn't allowed or doesn't really work in Nigeria...but one just have to be careful cause there are scammers everywhere most people don't have any means of survival so in turn as involved themselves in scamming business

Nairaland, why am i not surpirised. that is one site i have tried you but did not enjoy it at all not alittle bit and due to that i just walked away. I rather keep searching for a legit site that pays than using one that my instincts those not connect with.

You really need to be careful when you are carrying out an online transaction because most of the people you are seeing online are not trusted and some of them are fake, I've been scammed a lot of times online and I've learnt my lesson.

No I have never been scammed on this. I have always been conscious of scammers since when I was last scam and that was the first time something ever happens like that

The simple truth is that no body is above scamming. No matter how you try to avoid it. You may still end up been scammed one day. I believe that is life. But sometimes the reason of been scammed is because we are greedy and we want to earn without working
Post automatically merged:

online is the most dangerous place to trust people. There are lots of people online claiming to be legit but are scam. You need to be careful with who you trust online. Don't send money to everybody you see online

Last edited:
No I have never been scammed on this. I have always been conscious of scammers since when I was last scam and that was the first time something ever happens like that
I never believed that I can be scammed in nairaland until it happened to me. I always thought that people who got scammed were not smart enough. I got scammed of N3,000 on WhatsApp group through a guy I met on nairaland.

Naira land Forum is not advisable as there are many scams and fake people there so it is better to use a better and trusted website when you are making deals

I think in our quest to earn online getting exposed to scams is almost inevitable. I have also had an experience with someone I met on Nairaland. I guess one has to be more proactive from henceforth. Scams on Nairaland are now becoming norms and it sucks to know that seun is not doing anything about it.
Anyone who tell you that paper is working here in Nigeria the person want to scam you that is why you were scammed never believe anything that is not verified.

Till today I couldn't still get to wrap my head around how the guy that scammed me on a WhatsApp group from nairaland was able to achieved it without being suspicious.

This is really a sad experience. A lot of people have been a victim of scam on that PLATFORM and that is why I really read review about a company or individual before I part ways with my money with them

Newest Directory Listings

smmgoal
Forums
Clicks
Views
Esimbuy.org is an innovative online platform that specializes in e-SIM products and services. As e-SIM technology continues to gain popularity for its flexibility and convenience, Esimbuy.org provides users with easy access to this modern solution
Nebulous
Forums
Clicks
Views
Off Topix is the best general discussion community around!
Back