What's new

Got Scammed of $10 Paypal Funds on Nairaland. Have You Ever Been Scammed?

Its seems PayPal is not even allowed in my country I don't have an account at all but it's very bad to be scammed after working for the money no matter how small it might be. Scammers are everywhere so we should not fall victim.

One will get to learn on a daily basis in online business either through mistakes or otherwise. I've been scammed several times online before I finally learn my lesson.

I think in our quest to earn online getting exposed to scams is almost inevitable. I have also had an experience with someone I met on Nairaland. I guess one has to be more proactive from henceforth. Scams on Nairaland are now becoming norms and it sucks to know that seun is not doing anything about it.
Its not easy at all online. Their is too many scams online. We just have to be careful trading online. I'm careful this days, I've been scammed severally, and i don't want to be scammed all the time online.

I don't remember the exact year, however, I remember how I was scammed first time. I bought an ebook with a hope to find reliable information on offshore banking but it was fake book. I lost $10.
This is even the most common ways and methods they use to scam people not that you will not get what you pay for, you will realized that what they claimed they are selling to you is not what you will receive after you have sent money to them.

Any site who doesn't have escrow won't have me doing business on their platform. That is a big risk to my funds, because when its gone it is gone, without reversal.

I paid via paypal. back then I did not know I could dispute the transaction. If I had known that feature on paypal, I could have filed the dispute and received my funds.

Any site who doesn't have escrow won't have me doing business on their platform. That is a big risk to my funds, because when its gone it is gone, without reversal.
Hey mate, Escrows are the joke right now except maybe those trusted ones we have known for a long time on Nairaland. All those on WhatsApp and Telegram crypto groups are all scammers.

Hey mate, Escrows are the joke right now except maybe those trusted ones we have known for a long time on Nairaland. All those on WhatsApp and Telegram crypto groups are all scammers.
Scammers indeed man. I don't do things there, I love going to legit freelancing marketplace to do business and not doing business in a vulnerable website claiming to have reliable escrow.

Scammers indeed man. I don't do things there, I love going to legit freelancing marketplace to do business and not doing business in a vulnerable website claiming to have reliable escrow.
It's great that you are very cautious because I have to confess that it has gotten so bad that I wouldn't trust anyone on the online space. Telegram is the worst.

T
It's great that you are very cautious because I have to confess that it has gotten so bad that I wouldn't trust anyone on the online space. Telegram is the worst.
Telegram is just not good to do business, scammers are very much there. I don't do any business that has to do with finance over there cos of their fraudulent ways.

Wpw, you said you got scammed bys someone on nairaland of 10 dollars using paypal, first of all, sorry about that as it is not a pleasant experience when you get scammed, I have gotten scammed before in the past also but not again

I believe you and the poster have learned from their dubious ways to never succumbed to their fraudulent ways. I'm always mindful of what i do online to avoid being a victim of scam.

Seriously to sy scammers are almost everywhere online and even offline you can be scammed anyway and anyhow of time and money mostly especially site on the internet I have been several time scammed of my time been wasted.

Scammers are everywhere, because the world is upto something else you can predict,I was scam several times online.online site like narialand I was scam different occasions so you have to be careful with scammers.

I have never used this site called "Nairaland" but I really do not know why someone would exchange currencies with a strange individual on such sites. Why do not people exchange currencies on reputable sites and with well-known members? I believe the person who got scammed did not know the scammer properly.

Last month, I was in need of $10 to add to my Paypal account. So I decided to ask on nairaland and a would-be seller got my contact after he claimed to have the funds. We negotiated on WhatsApp and agreed on 350/$ in order to execute the transaction. I credited him with 3500 naira after He sent his bank details. I informed them of the payment and after he confirmed it, he suddenly went offline and that was how he ran with the money. Luckily, for me, it wasn't more than $10. Be careful guys as you trade online. Many are not legit and desperately looking for who to hoodwinked.
Oops that bad,but I will always advice anyone buying anything online to be sure if the platform which he or she is buying things online, always go into trusted platform to buy anything there if there is any problem the platform admin would rectify it.

I got scammed on Instagram. I lost $50 to a scammer in Instagram and since then I have been wary of investment platforms on Instagram.

Unfortunately I got scammed many times on many apps and sites lately I was scammed on a PTC site called ads pay u and other called Paidvertments .

Hearing about someone being scammed is no news at all. And it will still continue for a long time with newer invocations adopted by this scammers everyday. But reducing the number of times we get scammed should be our watch word now

The first and only time I have fell for scam was when I was new using the internet and someone tricked me into paying for a game cartridge at that time and never got it. I have been careful since then.

Hell!! No I have never been scammed by any business platform despite the fact I am new into all this online business stuff

Newest Directory Listings

smmgoal
Forums
Clicks
Views
Esimbuy.org is an innovative online platform that specializes in e-SIM products and services. As e-SIM technology continues to gain popularity for its flexibility and convenience, Esimbuy.org provides users with easy access to this modern solution
Nebulous
Forums
Clicks
Views
Off Topix is the best general discussion community around!
Back