What's new

Got Scammed of $10 Paypal Funds on Nairaland. Have You Ever Been Scammed?

No I have never been scammed of PayPal fund in nairaland, it is advisable to check if the name is a legit, before making any payment online

I don't remember the exact year, however, I remember how I was scammed first time. I bought an ebook with a hope to find reliable information on offshore banking but it was fake book. I lost $10.

Scammer are everywhere one just need to open eyes wide and research before trading with people.
Thats unfortunate, next time before you make any transaction try to Google the person's name and phone number for any previous fraud record secondly always make use of a trusted escrow

It's just disheartening the rate at which scam is rising, virtually a lot of people are trying to get a hold of other people's money through different means, one has to be careful and work with trusted dealers especially those one has worked with before. God help us.

Last month, I was in need of $10 to add to my Paypal account. So I decided to ask on nairaland and a would-be seller got my contact after he claimed to have the funds. We negotiated on WhatsApp and agreed on 350/$ in order to execute the transaction. I credited him with 3500 naira after He sent his bank details. I informed them of the payment and after he confirmed it, he suddenly went offline and that was how he ran with the money. Luckily, for me, it wasn't more than $10. Be careful guys as you trade online. Many are not legit and desperately looking for who to hoodwinked.
Sorry about that. Yes, i have been conned in this manner like 2 times.

Things like this are always hard to bear. I try my best not to get scammed that is why it is important to double-check and also check the legitimacy of every transaction you make online

Concerning getting scammed of $10 on nairaland. Well, the rate of scam presently is very alarming and massive, it is as if they are growing in numbers day by day which is really bad and it is not helping the economy in any way whatsoever. People really need to be careful especially when it comes to transaction and your personal information because not all people are to be trusted

There are a lot of scammers now if one is not very careful he will be scammed. I was scammed of 3000 naira in 2019 for an online registration fee. He mobilized every interested members to WhatsApp. After collection of money from everyone he locked the WhatsApp group and disappear.

i was recently scammed on an amount of 100$ worth of LTC, i didn't honestly expect from that guy to scam me, but it happened, felt so disappointed and i'm trying to earn back what i lost

I've
Last month, I was in need of $10 to add to my Paypal account. So I decided to ask on nairaland and a would-be seller got my contact after he claimed to have the funds. We negotiated on WhatsApp and agreed on 350/$ in order to execute the transaction. I credited him with 3500 naira after He sent his bank details. I informed them of the payment and after he confirmed it, he suddenly went offline and that was how he ran with the money. Luckily, for me, it wasn't more than $10. Be careful guys as you trade online. Many are not legit and desperately looking for who to hoodwinked.
I've Experienced something similar. I got scammed of my 100$ for 430/$ in trying to buy Bitcoin. Similar way, I went off the escrow group to make the transaction and after payment, the guy went into this air. It's a very painful experience.

I've

I've Experienced something similar. I got scammed of my 100$ for 430/$ in trying to buy Bitcoin. Similar way, I went off the escrow group to make the transaction and after payment, the guy went into this air. It's a very painful experience.
Wow! That must have been a huge lose to loose $100. In my own case I did not even know what the escrow was. It was until I made a complain someone explained to me the importance. Let's try to always verity things before we commit into it next time. Sorry for the losing such.

Seriously, scam everywhere and every day one has to be really careful when making transactions, with strangers, they can be very funny.

It's nearly impossible not to lose at least once when one deals online a lot. But following instructions will save one from falling into the hands of the relentless scammers we have out there. Tons of people are losing their hard earned crypto to scammers on P2P platform and Telegram channels on a daily basis.

Never trust anyone online unless you know them for a while or if an admin or website's staff are acting as your middleman. There's a lot of people online that will try to scam you for every chance they can get. So be careful for now on. I hate the feeling of being scammed.

That's the reason why I am also reluctant to exchange currencies when it comes to exchanging it with random people online. I always prefer exchanging currencies with established members. HOWEVER, just becasue a person is new, it would not actually prove that he or she is a scammer. This is where trust kicks in. Unfortunately, you just cannot trust anyone in the online world....

I have been scammed before and I can tell you it's not a pleasant experience, but the important thing is to learn from the experience so as not fall victim again to such act and also earn others of such schemes

I have always had the impression that it's impossible to get scammed,but it's not. Little things can prompt someone to scam you,that's the way things are,but nevertheless we should always be careful in our dealings.

People don't know each other if the money will be the subject, they can kill. So you should take care everywhere and don't trust people.

Sorry for your experience. You just have to be careful when dealing with people online. I have not been scammed before because I don't deal with people I don't know when it comes to money

Scammers are everywhere, because the world is upto something else you can predict,I was scam several times online.online site like narialand I was scam different occasions so you have to be careful with scammers.

I've

This is a very sad experience, you suffer to make money and one scumbag will just dashed out of nowhere to scam you. Where you scammed on nairaland? Most times all these escrow are the same scammers they work together.

Newest Directory Listings

smmgoal
Forums
Clicks
Views
Esimbuy.org is an innovative online platform that specializes in e-SIM products and services. As e-SIM technology continues to gain popularity for its flexibility and convenience, Esimbuy.org provides users with easy access to this modern solution
Nebulous
Forums
Clicks
Views
Off Topix is the best general discussion community around!
Back