What's new

Got Scammed of $10 Paypal Funds on Nairaland. Have You Ever Been Scammed?

Last month, I was in need of $10 to add to my Paypal account. So I decided to ask on nairaland and a would-be seller got my contact after he claimed to have the funds. We negotiated on WhatsApp and agreed on 350/$ in order to execute the transaction. I credited him with 3500 naira after He sent his bank details. I informed them of the payment and after he confirmed it, he suddenly went offline and that was how he ran with the money. Luckily, for me, it wasn't more than $10. Be careful guys as you trade online. Many are not legit and desperately looking for who to hoodwinked.
Hope you made sure he was banned from Nairaland. It's one reason why I have never tried any transaction on that platform.

There may be need for a market place there, controlled by the admins who will make sure both parties are satisfied before releasing funds.

I have been scammed recently by a guy who called me and talked about T-mer mining applications, he said he I will be able to min through the app and I should pay for the App, I just can't believe I fell for his trick and I was scammed

Hope you made sure he was banned from Nairaland. It's one reason why I have never tried any transaction on that platform.

There may be need for a market place there, controlled by the admins who will make sure both parties are satisfied before releasing funds.
Yeah, that was my first line of action. He got banned. Actually, he ought to have been banned from the platform because it wasn't his first.

Yeah, the admins need to device a way to moderate transaction between both parties. Its gonna prevent these issues. It was my first and didn't even know of the escrows. Lesson learnt.

This is a very unfortunate incident. Sorry about that. Thank God it was not a huge sum of money. Just learn from what happened. When nairaland first started it wasn't like this. But scammers are in almost all the sections of the forum. One has to be really careful.

People are there to take advantage of unsuspecting individuals. One must be careful whichever platform you are using. You only know yourself. You we're fortunate that the fund wasn't too big. Next time don't just send money to a random guy on the net.

We have all been scammed in one way or the other, I find out that the only way to avoid been scammed is to be contained with what you have. Greedness is the root of been scammed. I was scammed because I want to make money by the easiest way

nobody that have never experienced can many people has been sung in different way and in different aspects either by money and either by any other thing is come is not a new thing in the people has been scammed there are a lot of people out there that they are scammers a scam people to leave even majority of people of this life nowadays that's karma everybody whosoever that work caught is the teeth so we are all scammer

Last month, I was in need of $10 to add to my Paypal account. So I decided to ask on nairaland and a would-be seller got my contact after he claimed to have the funds. We negotiated on WhatsApp and agreed on 350/$ in order to execute the transaction. I credited him with 3500 naira after He sent his bank details. I informed them of the payment and after he confirmed it, he suddenly went offline and that was how he ran with the money. Luckily, for me, it wasn't more than $10. Be careful guys as you trade online. Many are not legit and desperately looking for who to hoodwinked.
I know it is very painful when you are scammed. If I want to do any PayPal deal I contact only those who I know, I rarely do money deals with strangers because I don't trust so easily. I was scammed of 20,000 naira on Instagram and it was very painful. With that experience, I doubt if I would be able to deal with strangers again.

Let's tell ourselves the bitter truth here, most people that easily get scammed online are greedy people because I've been there and I can say so. The scammers know your hear desire and they know how to present the bait for you that you won't be able resist.

Yes, when i was newbie to online transaction systems I got scammed by a scammer who said your money will be double within few hours & I gave him my otp. When I checked my account, everything was vanished.

Thanks for the reminder and important information, I was scammed by an hyip and ponzi site - emine. I lost more than 100usd after the site promised double profit with a short time, I learn my lessons and promised never to be greedy, I never would make such mistakes, never!

That's the only fear I am harboring ever since the regulation from Nigerian banks concerning bitcoin. Using peer to peer without escrows is not that easy. Scammers are more than the legit ones and you won't even know them
Post automatically merged:

That's the only fear I am harboring ever since the regulation from Nigerian banks concerning bitcoin. Using peer to peer without escrows is not that easy. Scammers are more than the legit ones and you won't even know them

It is must be to be careful to transact always as many of the desperate are so have many they're also so desperate in taking advance to the people having no mercy on them even if they scam they people even close to them it must be included to the list of scammers.

et Paid $7.00 Per Click: 30 Sec. You get paid for this action from 0.001 to 0.01 euro. Bux Inc has over 100,000 members who get paid to click on ads. This post has been edited by LP640: Nov 19 2009, 01:45 PM $500 Signup Bouns: 30 Sec. You will start receiving the paid promotions only after you click 100 BAP advertisements. $5: 66: 62022. Lectures by Walter Lewin. Tons of way to earn money for free! So it works like that, for example: you refer 10 people to AdBuck.net using your referral link and when each of your refers will click 5 ads a day you will get 5 cents of each of your referrals. Keep in mind, you must sign up with an active cell phone number, an email you can verify, and be at least 13 years old. See the best opportunities to join by seeing what our advertisers have to offer! Just like an online dating site, you will (more often than not) only get ads that fit your personal criteria and interests. You can get a free email address with plenty of space at Gmail.com. FutureNet also shares revenue in the amount of 1% (plus or minus: No income guarantees being made here) daily based on the amount of adpacks you have.

Yeah ,when i was a newbie i was scammed of almost 15$. Now i know how to deal with people online. Various times i see people being scammed on different social media platforms. Real person to find online to deal has become vulnerable. So you have to be alot careful while dealing. I have also scammed on website like doublee website and some other like wise. But that is my own mistake. But the people who have scammed me , i will not forgive them till the last day of the world and till the day of judgement.

So sorry about that. Scammers are so many online these days and so people should be careful with these online transactions. Don't trade with someone whome you just met online through social media platforms or other means. People are broke and won't hesitate stealing from you.

I have been scammed a lot of times, I have been scammed on Nairaland and other popular platform, I have also been scammed by ponzi schemes. MMM scammed me few years ago and Racksterly scammed me also few months ago.

It is nice to know that you are a nairaland member as I am also one of them but I'm so sorry about your loss of money but you must understand that you should never trust anyone online because 90% of online people who wants to buy something I always scam

I have never done any transaction of that sort before because since PayPal is restricted in Nigeria, I have zero my mind out of anything PayPal.

Newest Directory Listings

smmgoal
Forums
Clicks
Views
Esimbuy.org is an innovative online platform that specializes in e-SIM products and services. As e-SIM technology continues to gain popularity for its flexibility and convenience, Esimbuy.org provides users with easy access to this modern solution
Nebulous
Forums
Clicks
Views
Off Topix is the best general discussion community around!
Back