What's new

Got Scammed of $10 Paypal Funds on Nairaland. Have You Ever Been Scammed?

Scam comes in various way. I got scammed from High youth investment program. I was promised a huge return on investment I made on the website short time. I promise to become a lawyer in the space of three months and I fell for it.

Last month, I was in need of $10 to add to my Paypal account. So I decided to ask on nairaland and a would-be seller got my contact after he claimed to have the funds. We negotiated on WhatsApp and agreed on 350/$ in order to execute the transaction. I credited him with 3500 naira after He sent his bank details. I informed them of the payment and after he confirmed it, he suddenly went offline and that was how he ran with the money. Luckily, for me, it wasn't more than $10. Be careful guys as you trade online. Many are not legit and desperately looking for who to hoodwinked.
This actually why it's advisable not to deal with people who are not very popular into the money exchange business. There are so many fake scammers out there.

Scammers seems to be everywhere this days, I have also been scammed even though is not about money, but my precious time,someone will refer you to a site that seems to be paying while they are not.

Scamming comes in various ways. Some people are even using picture of an handicapped person to solicit for fund and later abscond with the money. The same thing happens on a WhatsApp group I belong.

The evil done with PayPal got too much as time progressed. I was not so shocked at the ban from Nigerias on using PayPal. It never looks like it will get better soo I guess we have moved on.

It is sad to see that many people misuse payment systems and many payment processors. I just hope that good people are not affected by such kind of people. Not all the people in a country are bad and there are many good people in each and every country.

A lot of us here came from nairaland, I don't really trust anyone in the platform even though I use it all the time to read news on things that is going on around the globe. I don't trust most of those members.

I have never been scammed and I would like that to happen to me. I don't think I can ever agree to trade my money with someone online.

Scamming nowadays is a day to day activities for scammers online and some people have been scammed one way or the other , working online is the avenue for getting scammed.

I have been scammed some many times mostly on GPT platform where one will pay money before he or she start earning from them before I got a legit post to paid forums.

Being scammed is not only about nairaland. We just have to be very careful generally online because there are so many people out there that are looking for how how to scam people every day.

Being scammed is not only about nairaland. We just have to be very careful generally online because there are so many people out there that are looking for how how to scam people every day.
There are many ways in which people get scammed online , one is getting your money ripped off from an investment site while some scam you by deciding not to pay for your services rendered .

There are many ways in which people get scammed online , one is getting your money ripped off from an investment site while some scam you by deciding not to pay for your services rendered .
I understand a lot of people are still engaging in all this sort of online investment that promise a huge return on investment within a short period of time. It was then I also participated in such but now I can't do it anymore because it is just a waste of time.

The forum is gradually becoming unsafe, as a lot of scammers right now looking for how to get other people's money without putting in any effort at all and it is just so bad.

The forum is gradually becoming unsafe, as a lot of scammers right now looking for how to get other people's money without putting in any effort at all and it is just so bad.
Lolz, I have been following this thread. I don't know if you are a member of nairaland but personally I have been spending some of my time there. I don't interact or engage in business with so many people there I do not know.

Therr are scammers everywhere and not only on nairaland , most online forum sites and get rich quick online websites are always scamming people and thats why you need to be careful.

Lolz, I have been following this thread. I don't know if you are a member of nairaland but personally I have been spending some of my time there. I don't interact or engage in business with so many people there I do not know.
That is actually the best way to do away with such scammers, because they would always pose as some legitimate individuals wanting to do real business with you .

That is actually the best way to do away with such scammers, because they would always pose as some legitimate individuals wanting to do real business with you .
When i was looking for opportunities to make money online , I know what I passed through trying to locate some legit online businesses in nairaland , a lot of people there were all looking for opportunity to tap from me dishonestly.

When i was looking for opportunities to make money online , I know what I passed through trying to locate some legit online businesses in nairaland , a lot of people there were all looking for opportunity to tap from me dishonestly.
It is not funny there. It seems a greater percentage of the members there are hungry scammers looking out for innocent people to devour and rip them of their money.

It is not funny there. It seems a greater percentage of the members there are hungry scammers looking out for innocent people to devour and rip them of their money.
Nairaland is among the best platform for me. I used it most of the time to read news of what is happening around the country. Just that I don't carry out transactions with anyone except most trusted members which are few.

Last month, I was in need of $10 to add to my Paypal account. So I decided to ask on nairaland and a would-be seller got my contact after he claimed to have the funds. We negotiated on WhatsApp and agreed on 350/$ in order to execute the transaction. I credited him with 3500 naira after He sent his bank details. I informed them of the payment and after he confirmed it, he suddenly went offline and that was how he ran with the money. Luckily, for me, it wasn't more than $10. Be careful guys as you trade online. Many are not legit and desperately looking for who to hoodwinked.
We thank God it wasn't a huge sum. My advise here is that never trust anyone. Always endeavor to carry out such transactions through escrow. I have been scammed as well, fell victim of a Ponzi scheme

Newest Directory Listings

smmgoal
Forums
Clicks
Views
Esimbuy.org is an innovative online platform that specializes in e-SIM products and services. As e-SIM technology continues to gain popularity for its flexibility and convenience, Esimbuy.org provides users with easy access to this modern solution
Nebulous
Forums
Clicks
Views
Off Topix is the best general discussion community around!
Back