What's new

Got Scammed of $10 Paypal Funds on Nairaland. Have You Ever Been Scammed?

Dubai

Familiar Face
5000+ Posts Club
Nov 26, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Last month, I was in need of $10 to add to my Paypal account. So I decided to ask on nairaland and a would-be seller got my contact after he claimed to have the funds. We negotiated on WhatsApp and agreed on 350/$ in order to execute the transaction. I credited him with 3500 naira after He sent his bank details. I informed them of the payment and after he confirmed it, he suddenly went offline and that was how he ran with the money. Luckily, for me, it wasn't more than $10. Be careful guys as you trade online. Many are not legit and desperately looking for who to hoodwinked.

Last month, I was in need of $10 to add to my Paypal account. So I decided to ask on nairaland and a would-be seller got my contact after he claimed to have the funds. We negotiated on WhatsApp and agreed on 350/$ in order to execute the transaction. I credited him with 3500 naira after He sent his bank details. I informed them of the payment and after he confirmed it, he suddenly went offline and that was how he ran with the money. Luckily, for me, it wasn't more than $10. Be careful guys as you trade online. Many are not legit and desperately looking for who to hoodwinked.
Scammer are everywhere one just need to open eyes wide and research before trading with people.

Never trust anyone online unless you know them for a while or if an admin or website's staff are acting as your middleman. There's a lot of people online that will try to scam you for every chance they can get. So be careful for now on. I hate the feeling of being scammed.

I have been scammed severally, there was one time I did a transaction with a guy online he promised to send me my bitcoins, but he just went offline, I think is away of cutting off your recipients when they can't fulfill their own part of the deal they will just cart away with your money that's very bad.
Post automatically merged:

I have been scammed severally, there was one time I did a transaction with a guy online he promised to send me my bitcoins, but he just went offline, I think is away of cutting off your recipients when they can't fulfill their own part of the deal they will just cart away with your money that's very bad.

I have been scammed on several occasions, even this very last month I was scammed by Mybonus Shopping app. A pastor introduce it to me that they are in partnership with amazon and they will be paying us if we can complete 60 click smart shopping daily. It doesn't end well because they went away with our money.

Yeah, you have to be careful with the platforms you join. Do not send and dazzle with big return on investment, live withrawals supposedly, because all of that is included in their gimmick to attract victims. Be cautious and be vigilant so as not to repeat what happened

Thats really bad brother but you should never send your money to someone like that , if you are having some trust issues then ask him to send the amount forst but seriously tradings like this on any online platforms is like losing your money.

The internet is a very dangerous place and you need to be very careful with people you transact business with especially those who are faceless. It is better for you to use verified funders for such activities or you go to platforms that have escrow unit so that it is very difficult for them to dupe you. There are lot of stories about people being scammed because they failed to do they are due diligence to find out who they are dealing with or how to protect themselves from such scams. It is very difficult for you to dupe me in any online business because I'm always very careful before I part with my money.
Post automatically merged:

The internet is a very dangerous place and you need to be very careful with people you transact business with especially those who are faceless. It is better for you to use verified funders for such activities or you go to platforms that have escrow unit so that it is very difficult for them to dupe you. There are lot of stories about people being scammed because they failed to do they are due diligence to find out who they are dealing with or how to protect themselves from such scams. It is very difficult for you to dupe me in any online business because I'm always very careful before I part with my money.

Thats really bad brother but you should never send your money to someone like that , if you are having some trust issues then ask him to send the amount forst but seriously tradings like this on any online platforms is like losing your money.
Yes, you are right. I trusted too much. The ease at which I trust people seems to be my weakness. He wouldn't have also send the funds first if I had asked him. Also, it's a common thing for the buyer to make payment first before receiving cash. The platform is generally for buying and selling of e-currency.

Well lesson learned from you. Never trust people in online especially if you are transacting about money or funds. Always be careful when transacting online because many people are scammer but not all there is some who is legit and trusted.

It has also happened to me and mine was on Facebook but the money is not much though.those scammers are just every where and many people are falling into their trap.my problem is just that we cannot know them as you can hardly who they are untill they are done.

Scammers are everywhere, I have been scammed a couple of times through online transactions. Scammers are just there looking for who to prey on. One must be very careful of who he or she trust online. It hard to have a trusted person online. Don't ever try it

Seriously,I thought Naira land is a legit platform that alot of people are using as a source of income to merge salary.
Asking if I have been scammed. A big yes and severally on various platform that will pay for some time and later crash. Especially all these news platform read and comment or post.

Mine wasn't scammed per say. A friend introduced me to an online platform that claims they pay. Since there was no money involved I decided to give it a try. The deal is you click all the ten platforms every 24hours and then you are able to withdraw once it hits $150 dollars and above. I have done that and up till now my money is still in process.

Like seriously getting scammed is not something new to me again but what still worries me is being scammed on one of the legit platform call nairaland this shoes that you can be scammed anywhere and through any means

The evil done with PayPal got too much as time progressed. I was not so shocked at the ban from Nigerias on using PayPal. It never looks like it will get better soo I guess we have moved on.

This the first time i am hearing about this that despite the intense security on paying account they can still be scammed.
Well i have not experience this kind of incidence in my life.
This is really a bad omen and bad record.

It is quite easy to know those scammers on Nairaland. Make sure to look up their profiles and posts, the more recent, the higher the chances of them being scammers. If you have a thread you are following, you can just drop his moniker and if he already scammed someone previously, you may be lucky to know from others.

This is pure wickedness and thank goodness that it was just $10 as I can't imagine what you would have done, if it was more than that. I have always been careful when I do transactions on Nairaland and I have been lucky not to get scammed because I know that there are people out there just to scam people of their money.

I think in our quest to earn online getting exposed to scams is almost inevitable. I have also had an experience with someone I met on Nairaland. I guess one has to be more proactive from henceforth. Scams on Nairaland are now becoming norms and it sucks to know that seun is not doing anything about it.

Newest Directory Listings

smmgoal
Forums
Clicks
Views
Esimbuy.org is an innovative online platform that specializes in e-SIM products and services. As e-SIM technology continues to gain popularity for its flexibility and convenience, Esimbuy.org provides users with easy access to this modern solution
Nebulous
Forums
Clicks
Views
Off Topix is the best general discussion community around!
Back