Not open for further replies.

22_22

Reputable
100 Posts Club
Jun 8, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Maybe this is a unique idea of mine, but I would like to share my feelings here as a person who has or is dealing with depression. I agree that making friends and reaching out to them etc. to cope with your loneliness is a problem that is frequently spoken about. But for me, it's got to be a true friend you know you can trust. What I find effective in making me feel better for myself is simply distancing myself from poor friends or blocking myself. There are mates that you know are not right for you and ultimately dragging you down. Talking to them would not make you feel better or help you develop as a person. Why waste your time, then? It's finding the balance between finding and not isolating yourself for the right people to talk to.

It's tough to say. Well, a lot of people are friendly as long as it maintains some work or family thing. However, when those things breakdown, they stop contact with you.

Perhaps this is a unique idea of mine, but I would like to share my feelings here as a person who has or is dealing with depression. I agree to make friends and reach out to them, etc. Coping with your loneliness is a frequently talked about problem. But for me, it has to be a true friend that you know you can trust. What I find effective in making me feel better about myself is simply distancing myself from my poor friends or blocking myself. There are peers that you know are not right for you and who ultimately drag you down. Talking to them would not make you feel better or help you develop as a person. So why waste your time? It's finding the balance between finding and not isolating yourself to find the right people to talk to.
First you have to know how to differentiate between friends and friends, friendships are made anywhere, and as soon as they have the opportunity they turn their backs on you, they can even say what you have confided to them by mistake. Those are the people who share with you at a party, on walks and so on. But, true friends are those who learn from you, value you and respect you, who just by looking at you know whether to shut up or speak. You would never be disappointed. I always recommend not talking to just anyone, only to that person (who does exist) whom you can trust with true friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe this is a unique idea of mine, but I would like to share my feelings here as a person who has or is dealing with depression. I agree that making friends and reaching out to them etc. to cope with your loneliness is a problem that is frequently spoken about. But for me, it's got to be a true friend you know you can trust. What I find effective in making me feel better for myself is simply distancing myself from poor friends or blocking myself. There are mates that you know are not right for you and ultimately dragging you down. Talking to them would not make you feel better or help you develop as a person. Why waste your time, then? It's finding the balance between finding and not isolating yourself for the right people to talk to.
The thing is that at one point you circle of friends goes through filtering, people will leave your life and others will stay, this will give you the chance to spend time with yourself to grow, to focus on your self development, to see what actually needs to be healed. That is why you did choose to stop talking or meeting with some friends, it wasn t a win win situation anymore for you, because you want to grow, to change yourself so you become the best version that you can be. Surrender to those choices because they will lead you to the treasure within. ^_^

its no new thing that some friends stay with you when u have money or when u have something to give them for free
But then there are meaningful friends that are willing to stay with you even when u are poor. Perhaps, those friends help you get away from problems and dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back