What's new
  • You cannot start new threads in this section. To advertise with Bizdustry please create an item in our Directory!

Free with Ads, Free, or Paid Hosting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jyy

Paragon Member
1000 Posts Club
Posts Club
Jul 11, 2016
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
The benefit of the one with ads, and honestly it seems like only forum companies offer it, is the strong bandwidth. In fact, with the other type of free, your resources and/or support is often limited. Anyway, the third option is premium, but for a small website or for someone who doesn't mind other people's banners, it seems like a waste of cash!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ever since I've been able to afford it, I've always gone with paid web hosting. At the end of the day, all of these different web hosts have to generate revenue somehow, and there's typically issues attached with going with free web hosts like 000webhost or X10Hosting.

Whatever the case I would go with paid, Free are good regards fast and or if you are starting out but in the long runs it's not an good idea. Regards ads they earn from you. With your own server you control the ads to an point.

Paid hosting for me. When I first got into websites and that stuff, I used free hosting because I was young and didn't have a way to pay for it. But now that I can, I always make sure to use paid hosting. I could never go back to free hosting really even when I am building the site and just need some hosing to test things.

Well, I think that the paid hosting is the best option. There are a lot of cheap hosts available and if you run a small website, forum or blog you don't need to spend much money on hosting. Once you get more traffic coming you can switch to VPS.

Never go with free or low price host as I lost in them because when they are new it will be good, but later sucks. Most of the free hosts they keep hidden codes in websites to make money for them.
I am using presently free host for two sites but in this month I might move to hostgator or some other popular hosts. I am waiting for coupon to get it for cheap.

I again suggest you never go with poor hosts or low price hosts as they keep server specification also very low;

Never go with free or low price host as I lost in them because when they are new it will be good, but later sucks. Most of the free hosts they keep hidden codes in websites to make money for them.
I am using presently free host for two sites but in this month I might move to hostgator or some other popular hosts. I am waiting for coupon to get it for cheap.

I again suggest you never go with poor hosts or low price hosts as they keep server specification also very low;
What would you consider as a low price host? I'm with InterServer for a couple of my sites and they charge $5 a month which I consider to be cheap. But they have been pretty good for me and have never let me down, to be honest. I get though that there are probably some awful hosts out there that promise good service for cheap prices.

What would you consider as a low price host? I'm with InterServer for a couple of my sites and they charge $5 a month which I consider to be cheap. But they have been pretty good for me and have never let me down, to be honest. I get though that there are probably some awful hosts out there that promise good service for cheap prices.
$5 is good price you can get same package with big hosts on most times. I am looking to get this time from Bluehost or some other reputable company.
It's good to hear that they never let you down, btw how many domains you host with them? and how many they allow?

I think as a beginner it is good to go for free with ads. I never knew that this was an option . I'm going to look into this, I know that you have other people's ads on your site but every little helps. I think that this is better then the free completely option. In my opinion there is nothing like a free lunch and you may get the absolute worst service with this option. I am yet to set up my website when I do,I may go with this and work up to paid hosting. You learn something new everyday.

I created my old discussion board which was my first just at the age of 14. It was free upon the display of ads. The advertising wasn't intrusive but it stopped me creating revenue as the forum started to grow so looking back I should of gone for paid hosting all round.

A lot of hobbyist sites with ads (Small hobby sites might not mind ads.) could add up to a lot of clicks (for the hosting company). I suppose that's how ProBoards works. However, the problem is ad-blockers.

Maybe the paid hosting type seems the best option here. Because they tend to run ads smoothly on the web, without letting them pop up on the site.

The simple fact of free web hosting is that the companies that offer it have to make money somehow. Not paying money for the service means accepting some kind of trade-off. What you’ll be giving up (or putting up with) in order to get free web hosting varies with different services available, but there are some common issues to look out for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back