jyy

Paragon Member
1000 Posts Club
Posts Club
Jul 11, 2016
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Who uses them? Well, I say "Why not?". I would say this especially if the site doesn't need to be a .com, co.uk etc. for marketing reasons. Anyway, some popular free domain extensions are .tk, .ml., .cf, .gq, .co.nr, .biz.nf, .co.vu, .biz.ly. Does anyone know more?

I don't think a free domain extension can be easy to remember.
I am sure there are many websites which make use of them but after sometime, they usually upgrade to a top level domain. I know couple of websites which still use the free hosting with a TLD. I used webs.com and co.nf, free domain extensions before.

They are good but in my opinion, they can't be compared to a TLD.

Don t go for the free ones, it s not about how many will remember it but though but it is better to think for the long run what domain would you use or your brand will use for it s best results. think about that!

I think .tk is the most old and popular free domain extension , but i don't recommend.

If you have a serious plan , buy a extension for 3-4-5$ :) . It's more safe & cool.

I used quite a lot when I was younger and didn't have a way to pay for a domain. But I stopped using them a long time ago and I would never go back to using a free domain extension. People don't really take these domains seriously and they can end up hurting your site quite a bit. It's honestly better to go with a free hosting subdomain than one of these free domain extensions (depending on your niche obviously)

Dot tk was the first domain I used back when I was in middle school and a young kid. I made a site for cheating in Yahoo Pool which was a game that used to be on Yahoo where you could shoot pool on your computer. The site went no where and it was just a small project. I tried to code it myself and I was only about 12-13 years old.

I have heard a lot of people who used dot tk have phishing sites and things like that so it's not the most reputable domain name to use. Though the fact that it's free is important. Personally a lot of promos are run on godaddy for a domain for $1 your 1st year and 1and1 also has that deal. Paying $1 for a .com domain name is way better then using dot tk.

Sure, going for a free domain extension is a great option if you’re launching a personal blog that you don’t necessarily intend to fully brand. Otherwise it doesn’t seem like a good route, especially with so many good deals with hosting providers.

I guess you are not having plans of selling the domain in the future, because those extensions are not marketable. No one would buy, some won't even take them for free.

I guess you are not having plans of selling the domain in the future, because those extensions are not marketable. No one would buy, some won't even take them for free.
You are probably right. I reluctantly visit sites that are not .com, .net or .org.

You are probably right. I reluctantly visit sites that are not .com, .net or .org.
Same for me, except it is an earning site or it has got information about a field I am researching on then I know there isn't an alternative.

At the beginning lots of people use free domains but if you want to build a popular website then it's definitely better to invest some money into a goof domain

It's not worth for long term but if you are new in industry and want to play around with domain or starting fancy blogs than it's good idea to get those one and I agree with most of members is .tk was popular one for me. But it is always advisable to have paid domain.

It's not worth for long term but if you are new in industry and want to play around with domain or starting fancy blogs than it's good idea to get those one and I agree with most of members is .tk was popular one for me. But it is always advisable to have paid domain.
I have a much more successful site with a .com currently in life. Much more views and user registrations for me too currently in life.

Yes .com is most trusted domain extension and it is easy to remember so you can have repeated visitors back to your site and I personally like to have it because of SEO advantage and link authority.

Unless you are trying your hands to on experimenting something, a script, a program, etc. I don't think using a free domain extension is a good idea. The free domain extension is being used by spammers and scammers. I am not sure, but I heard google does not even index tgese domains.

Unless it's nothing too serious like a blog or just an online dairy, I wouldn't suggest free domain hosting. There are a lot of disadvantages with using those, your data could just disappear anytime. Plus most of your users won't be familiar with such hosting so it's always best to stick with the paid ones.

If you are thinking of using free domain in doing your business or in the process of making your business known to the populist, I will advise you not to do that because it won't bring the out come you require.

I have never tried free domains. The first domain I owned was a domain I registered on a domain registrar. Since I paid for my first domains I never considered getting the second for free. I have never owned freenom domains.

Free domain extension isn't adviceable for those who wants to do marketing for their products and services because most search engine like Google and bing don't index this kind of domain extension and it will be hard to get traffic to your goods and services if you are willing to make money from it.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back