Forums without moderators.

Bookwormlux

Ledgendary Member
5000+ Posts Club
Nov 10, 2020
USD
$4.0000USD
Biznotes
Is it possible for a site owner to be able to handle everything alone without seeing the need to hire a moderator to help out in getting to manage some aspects of the forum, like cleaning thrash contents, approving new members and all that?

Personally, I think the site owner won't find it easy at all because the demand would be too much on him..

What do you think??

A forum can have no moderators because moderators can be not found but there are other ranks like for example Grammar corrector or Plagiarism checker or other terms used or anything so a user with special access to moderate but the rank is not called moderator as most of the members aren't friendly with this name.

Most forums will have members willing to do tasks for free, just to be a mod. I wouldn't worry about hiring people.

In the early stages, most forums can be completely run and handled by one person. I do this on one of my forums no problem. I have about 15 active members that come and go and everyone gets along fine.

One person can handle their forum alone, if they perhaps have all the time needed to take care of things properly.....Most people that hired moderators don't have enough time to the job themselves.

It depends on how active the forum is. I mean, I have a social media group and it's simply impossible for me to watch it 24/7. In that case, I have chosen to manually approve posts. Well, the other option is getting a paid moderator.

When your forum is getting a lot of traffic, it might become chaotic after some time, if it has no moderator. What you can do in such a situation is encourage your loyal users to become moderators, who would mark comments as spam. This will save you in the long run.

Again, I can't speak for forums, but for a social media group, I simply can't keep off-topic stuff out. I don't really understand what people are thinking when they post the stuff. I guess it's O.K. to some people. However, it drives away the type of fans I want.

Anyway, a forum without moderators might have a tough time keeping out spammers who are not spambots. Well, sometimes people pay people to spam forums - only to get a that signature link going.

It’s unlikely! Unmoderated online forums can easily transform to a toxic space, open to spam, threats, abuse, and Illegal content.

Moderators are an essential part of every forum. Either the administrator can act as a moderator or can have a separate moderator. Moderators would be helpful in tackling spammers and hate mongers.

I think that this is an extremely difficult task and it is not something that many people can do and it will always happen that some of the bad bad quality message will always be overlooked as a result you have to be able to have other people that can take on some of the workload.

if you are starting newly you actually do not need moderators because you may not have the money to pay them but with time when you start getting a lot of traffic with a lot of members you need to employ people to help you. But it is also possible for you to handle it yourself.

Is it possible for a site owner to be able to handle everything alone without seeing the need to hire a moderator to help out in getting to manage some aspects of the forum, like cleaning thrash contents, approving new members and all that?

Personally, I think the site owner won't find it easy at all because the demand would be too much on him..

What do you think??
It is possible for a site owner to be able to handle everything alone without seeing the need to hire a moderator to help out in managing some aspects of the forum, like cleaning up trash contents, approving new members, and all that. However, it would not be easy because the demand would be too much on him as the numbers grow.
Sometimes, spammers may use bots to flood your site with trashy content. When this happens, you really need an assistant to clean up.

I do not think that it is possible for a site owner to run a website without the moderator. The work is going to be too much especially as members keep growing.

if you are starting newly you actually do not need moderators because you may not have the money to pay them but with time when you start getting a lot of traffic with a lot of members you need to employ people to help you. But it is also possible for you to handle it yourself.

I do not think that it is a good thing to run the forum without a moderator. I think that there should be someone who could be in-charge of payments and managing the forum as well.

I do not think that it is a good thing to run the forum without a moderator. I think that there should be someone who could be in-charge of payments and managing the forum as well.
of course you will be paying the person but in a situation whereby you do not have money to pay you have to do all the work by yourself. I don't think people can actually volunteer to be moderators but it is possible though

forums without moderators are like houses without their owners. Moderators are a key role in the success of any forum; they review the posts of users, answer their questions and solve their issues, fight spammers...

of course you will be paying the person but in a situation whereby you do not have money to pay you have to do all the work by yourself. I don't think people can actually volunteer to be moderators but it is possible though

I think that each and every kind of website must have some sort of person who tend to manage the website in a really great way. However, many people tend to manage their site alone.

I think that each and every kind of website must have some sort of person who tend to manage the website in a really great way. However, many people tend to manage their site alone.
Managing a forum alone will demand a lot of work from you. That's why when you go to various forums you will see many moderators. It's quite possible but hectic.

I have seen some forums where everything is moderated by the owner. Even members registration is manually approved by the owner. In that case, if he doesn't feel like having a mod, he would limit his membership to what he can be able to manage. But it's not really going to be easy for him. If you can't hire mods that you can pay, offer free position and see which members will be willing to work for free.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back