Empire

KIcking Around!
1000 Posts Club
Jul 29, 2018
USD
$4.3000USD
Biznotes
I think this is an interesting question,

Forums are much better suited for richer, longer form discussions. If you look at a typical forum thread it will include a number of participants, often incorporates rich media (e.g. videos, pictures, polls, and more), and has tools better suited for responding and replying to people. Social media great for discussion, but the unit of conversation is typically smaller and often replies to that specific post. As such, I feel forums are better for longer more involved discussions and social is better for smaller more informal discussions.

In terms of the audience, I have always found social media audiences to be a little less sticky and people are instead pulled into the content when it stands out. Forums are more of a clubhouse where people join up and become invested in the community. Thus, while forums may be smaller, I suspect the quality of the content is more in-depth and longer-running.

I feel like forums are more organized than social media. While the same discussions can probably happen - I feel like it can be organized better within areas of discussion specifically.

Running a forum is better than maintaining or depending on social media sites. I have a page and group, but at this point it is hard to browse the group. No sections, now categories.

When it comes to making money online, I would choose forums but when it comes to connecting with people, it's going to be social media sites for me. Both of these medium are good but they serve different purpose for me.

I prefer forum for discussion and learning. I get to see a people who are focus and well motivated to provide information. It's more responsive. While on social media, it's more on associating socialization.

Forums are important because people use to sharw their thoughts and knowledge there but I will go with social media for my entertainment.
Yep you should go with social media, but it is hard to browse the content on social media sites ans search. You don't have copyrights on social media sites as they are for public and forever.

I agree with you, contents uploaded on social media sites are not read or debated as it is on a forum. For discussions, debates, etc are better to join a forum, still for socializing and posting pictures and videos is better to use a social site like Facebook or Instagram.

I agree with you, contents uploaded on social media sites are not read or debated as it is on a forum. For discussions, debates, etc are better to join a forum, still for socializing and posting pictures and videos is better to use a social site like Facebook or Instagram.
Yep, it is faster easier to post, but for searching or browsing would be harder once the content becomes in large quantity. What I would say Social media is just like a cinema hall where we watch and leave the hall to forget.

The lack of control with what's posted on social media sites is actually why most people are choosing it to use as a medium to express themselves because there are some things that aren't allowed to be discussed in forums. This is what makes social media being used more often than forums.

Forums for me. Social media is less organized than forums. The same discussions will obviously happen on social media but a forum helps organize the content into sub forums.

I know a lot of people say that social media is the biggest cause in the decrease in popularity of forums. But for me, they are two different things. Social media is for more personal things and keeping in touch with friends/family. Forums are a great place to have discussions with random people from around the world.

Some people still believe Social media is great for them even asking questions. What I see is youngsters are addicted to social media sites while most educated people are towards forums where they spend less time for getting right answer.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back