What's new

Forum vs Social Media

Forums are like social mixers, where everyone is at equal level, milling about and discussing with others. These many to many communication tools allow anyone to start a topic and anyone to respond to one. Members are often at equal level, and content is usually segmented by topic. Blogs are like a keynote speech where the speaker (blogger) is in control of the discussion, but allows questions and comments from the audience. Blogs are journals often authored by one individual, and sometimes teams.

To me a forum is a place where you have different subjects and a long list of chatting between everybody who want to participate for each subject or thread. Facebook groups feature where everybody can join and interact with everybody who subscribed to the groupe, is a forum within a social network.

In terms of niche the forum is the best because the members would be discussing about the niche 90% of the time. With social media it can be likened to a general forum with no restrictions on the post because you can post anything under the sun as long as it is not illegal and immoral. However, the forum has costs for maintenance so I don't see the growth of the forums like before. But if it is the paid forum then I guess that is a different story.

Concerning your question on if I would choose forum or social media, I have to say when it comes to making money online, I would choose forums but when it comes to connecting with people, it's going to be social media sites for me.

Forums are like social mixers, where everyone is at equal level, milling about and discussing with others. These many to many communication tools allow anyone to start a topic and anyone to respond to one. Members are often at equal level, and content is usually segmented by topic. Blogs are like a keynote speech where the speaker (blogger) is in control of the discussion, but allows questions and comments from the audience. Blogs are journals often authored by one individual, and sometimes teams.
Excellent writing and explanation where you highlight the difference between the blog and the forum. I really love the forum and everything it contains and it is just as you have explained, if there are doubts can be clarified and many members will give you their point of view including their experiences.

I always prefer social media these days. It's just the norm. I also would rather run a Facebook group/page rather than running a forum.
A little bit of both
I prefer forums, these days I hardly log into my social media accounts like Instagram and Facebook, I'm working of 4 forums at the moment and I've learnt so much from them

Because of their excellent customer service, Yet Another Panel has the best social media panel. There are several panels available, but what sets JAP apart is their genuine concern for their customers. If something is wrong, they will correct it. They are very helpful and attentive. Many people can speak about their programmes, but how they conduct business is more critical. They are honourable.

Both have there advantages and disadvantages, I use both Forum and social media, forum for news and information social media for networking. I can't pick from the two because they have there different uses.

Both have their own merits, but this days i hang on forums than in social media sites. I achieve helpful information on forums than in the social medias.

I think this is an interesting question,

Forums are much better suited for richer, longer form discussions. If you look at a typical forum thread it will include a number of participants, often incorporates rich media (e.g. videos, pictures, polls, and more), and has tools better suited for responding and replying to people. Social media great for discussion, but the unit of conversation is typically smaller and often replies to that specific post. As such, I feel forums are better for longer more involved discussions and social is better for smaller more informal discussions.

In terms of the audience, I have always found social media audiences to be a little less sticky and people are instead pulled into the content when it stands out. Forums are more of a clubhouse where people join up and become invested in the community. Thus, while forums may be smaller, I suspect the quality of the content is more in-depth and longer-running.
I prefer forums to social media. Forum is a great way to learn new things and also make money at the same time. Social media is just for fun.

Concerning forum vrs social media. Well, I think both medium are good to connecting to poeple and a forum doesn't cover much ground of population like that of a social media. Forum can be more organized and precised with every discusion said in there than social media. The two are both good and they also have their mode of usage and uniqueness

I like both but they serve different purposes for me. Social media is mostly for chit chat with people I know personally but forums are more for information and you can get to interact with people all over the world plus you can get paid. I like them both for different reasons.

I think this is an interesting question,

Forums are much better suited for richer, longer form discussions. If you look at a typical forum thread it will include a number of participants, often incorporates rich media (e.g. videos, pictures, polls, and more), and has tools better suited for responding and replying to people. Social media great for discussion, but the unit of conversation is typically smaller and often replies to that specific post. As such, I feel forums are better for longer more involved discussions and social is better for smaller more informal discussions.

In terms of the audience, I have always found social media audiences to be a little less sticky and people are instead pulled into the content when it stands out. Forums are more of a clubhouse where people join up and become invested in the community. Thus, while forums may be smaller, I suspect the quality of the content is more in-depth and longer-running.
Both forum and social media are good but I enjoy forum better because its the gathering of intellects and I always learn one or two things there everyday, it has also improved my writing skill because I was so poor before.

Presently I see social media far better than forum, this is because social media are a common and very easy for anyone to understand, and social media has more trafficking

In term of contents,forums has more quality contents compared to social media,you learn more from diverse topics on forums,while social media based more on normal interactive activities.

The most common way these days where people send and receive messages is the social media, so I will say I prefer the social media more than forums but not with standing there difference and advantages

When you go into social media, you do not know what to expect because there are actually so many people but in forums it is just a particular niche so you know what to get.
Post automatically merged:

The thing about forums is that they do not use good architecture and as such are not popular like social media so social media still stands very tall as the best out there .

Last edited:
I do not think social media can be compared to the forums because social medias are really big companies where as forums are very small websites. facebook has 2.2 billion users. Reddit, the most popular forum on the internet has just 52 million users.

Personally I think forum is a place of learning unlike social media that is mostly for entertainment. Most content placed on social medias, it's mainly to have fun. While forums are mostly ment for learning and discussion

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back