What's new

Forum vs Social Media

Personally I think forum is a place of learning unlike social media that is mostly for entertainment. Most content placed on social medias, it's mainly to have fun. While forums are mostly ment for learning and discussion
Even forums have a sub section for fun talk or general discussion and social media have educative groups that only talk about for example technology or medecine or digital arts or ergonomy.

Well, it depends on your personality and what you hope to find. You don't expect social media to be discussing crypto and all. Just know where you ought to be with the latest developments that you want to know

Even forums have a sub section for fun talk or general discussion and social media have educative groups that only talk about for example technology or medecine or digital arts or ergonomy.
True, but not everyone have access to these groups in social medias, some are not even aware these groups exist in the first place.

I feel like forums are more organized than social media. While the same discussions can probably happen - I feel like it can be organized better within areas of discussion specifically.
You are very right because I also feel the same way as most forums looks more organised and social networks that is just so unregulated that anyone can post anything on the platform but a forum is well regulated by moderators who controls whatever anyone post and if anyone post any content that did not understand that the majority of change delete it and give some form of punishment to that person.

Forum are organised more than socia media, we have topics for each sessions where you can state your opinion about a particular topic but social media is meant to do anything you wish,
I feel like forums are more organized than social media. While the same discussions can probably happen - I feel like it can be organized better within areas of discussion specifically.

Forums are like social mixers, where everyone is at equal level, milling about and discussing with others. These many to many communication tools allow anyone to start a topic and anyone to respond to one. Members are often at equal level, and content is usually segmented by topic. Blogs are like a keynote speech where the speaker (blogger) is in control of the discussion, but allows questions and comments from the audience. Blogs are journals often authored by one individual, and sometimes teams.
For me I will go for forums anytime. They are more intellectual discussions been done on forums than on social media. I'll spend my whole day on a forum

Well, it depends on your personality and what you hope to find. You don't expect social media to be discussing crypto and all. Just know where you ought to be with the latest developments that you want to know
Both of them are all good for discussion but in most cases cryptocurrency and other things can be discussed in forums because theree are a lot of people who might have positive points to contribute.

I do not think social media can be compared to the forums because social medias are really big companies where as forums are very small websites. facebook has 2.2 billion users. Reddit, the most popular forum on the internet has just 52 million users.
When it comes to userbase, popularity and entertainment social media sites carries the highest vote. But I prefer forums cos its benefitting to me in my everyday learning life.

Forums are definitely better than social media platforms when it comes to sharing educative and interesting content and that is why I prefer using them.

Forums are a bit centralised, they revolve along similar topics. Even forums with diverse threads seem to be known for some particular topics. It's different from social media that is broad and unrestricted.

Running a forum is better than maintaining or depending on social media sites. I have a page and group, but at this point it is hard to browse the group. No sections, now categories.
I would rather run a forum. I thinks it more simpler to control and operate other than a social media. Use of abusive words by members might result to the end of your groups and it's not even your fault

I would rather run a forum. I thinks it more simpler to control and operate other than a social media. Use of abusive words by members might result to the end of your groups and it's not even your fault

I completely agree with you here because running a forum is something that is more easier than running a social media platform which requires a lot of resources to be able to set it up and you can't even run it alone.

I think this is an interesting question,

Forums are much better suited for richer, longer form discussions. If you look at a typical forum thread it will include a number of participants, often incorporates rich media (e.g. videos, pictures, polls, and more), and has tools better suited for responding and replying to people. Social media great for discussion, but the unit of conversation is typically smaller and often replies to that specific post. As such, I feel forums are better for longer more involved discussions and social is better for smaller more informal discussions.

In terms of the audience, I have always found social media audiences to be a little less sticky and people are instead pulled into the content when it stands out. Forums are more of a clubhouse where people join up and become invested in the community. Thus, while forums may be smaller, I suspect the quality of the content is more in-depth and longer-running.
A forum seems more formal to me. It is organised as well; branched into different sections and allows for a large audience.
I like the content a forum creates, rich, educating and profitable.

I perceive forums are more calculated, coherent and precise. Also, forums could be a good avenue for making money and having indepth knowledge where it was lacking.

I prefer forums because they are design for discussion. Most people don't engage in discussion on social media. They simply make a short comments and probably hit the like button.

Both are good platforms so it depends on the individual in question which goes well with his or her orientation, some people might find forums not as interesting as social media platforms

Forums are discussion board, these are the unser generated content site focused on discussing on certain topics. Social networking sites are mainly for networking and advertising.

If you are in need of legit fast information, go to forums, but if you are in need of entertainment, jokes, and chat, go to social media. But the two is still good to go with cause there are times you'll be bored of social media so is applicable to forums.

I will always choose follow-up because there are less distractions when you are reading different thread and post unlike social media platforms. This is the reason why I don't visit Facebook often.

I think they both have their pros and cons, I agree with you I think forums are better suited to entertain and accommodate a specific set of people tailored for a particular topic. On social media, it could be the same, but often people tend to drift from the discussion.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back