What's new

Forum vs Social Media

I think a forum is better because here everyone can know each other and interact between themselves. While on social media you have hundreds maybe even thousands of friends but 90% you don't even know who they are or how did they end up in your friend list

I like forums a lot when compared to social media.

Still, I believe that's not the case with others. People like social media and some of them are even addicted to some platforms. I never liked the interface of any social media platform. Probably that's the reason why I don't login to my social media accounts for months.
Well, all in all, I believe social media would always get the limelight when it is being compared to forums in general.

I think forum is the best for me since there are different sections to check on forum , webmaster and other section can be well educative to learn something from me

that depends on what I need:
if I want a fast news about my studies or politics or football I prefer Social Media because I am following a lot of newspapers there however if I need some information about any domain I prefer the forums because it includes rich and high-quality content.

I love forums when it comes to discussions and learning about different topics from people. In forums, you are able to really communicate and discuss things unlike in social media where you hardly really talk with people. I may only use social media for entertainment since many people post memes and videos there. I can also use it to read news and other updates.

Social media, like the word, it's just where tiuo can be social online, not really much of intelligent talks just have fun.
But I feel like forums are more organized than social media. While the same discussions can probably happen - forum gives more detailed explanation and Reason.

There is no comparison because social media has become an addiction for the general public while forums depend on how good their content is

There is no comparison because social media has become an addiction for the general public while forums depend on how good their content is
Yeah, social media is more popular among many people. They have become so addicted to interaction there and many use for their business marketting. Many don't know about forums and those who know about them are mostly active in the paying forums only.

I prefer forums to social media that is filled with people you may have to pretend you know because they are on your friend list.

The way I see it, they are two very different things with different purposes. I don't have a lot of time on forums. This is the first Bizdustry. Here I have learned, clarified doubts, investigated among other benefits. Social media (twitter, instagram, facebook, etc) is meeting people, viewing and sharing posts, reconnecting with old friends and talking about other topics.

Since I started working on forums..I can't remember when last I visited social media cos I enjoy working on forums and I like making money from site..forums have really change the way I live and think..and I have learnt alot from them

Social media has a lot of rules so for example you may get your social media group content down if some users are using to promote their website or affiliate links in single post or between comments and these are a lot these days you need to stay hours moderating the group however in forum it will be easier. You can track spam users and ban them by ip however you can ban a facebook user that has 10 or 15 false facebook profiles created for promoting his business in forum with no relation with the subject that are joining your group.

Excellent, that's why I made my comment, each one has its purpose, both the forum and social networks, although they have their things in common, in the end they are different. And they should be used according to each purpose.
Social media has a lot of rules so for example you may get your social media group content down if some users are using to promote their website or affiliate links in single post or between comments and these are a lot these days you need to stay hours moderating the group however in forum it will be easier. You can track spam users and ban them by ip however you can ban a facebook user that has 10 or 15 false facebook profiles created for promoting his business in forum with no relation with the subject that are joining your group.

I think this is an interesting question,

Forums are much better suited for richer, longer form discussions. If you look at a typical forum thread it will include a number of participants, often incorporates rich media (e.g. videos, pictures, polls, and more), and has tools better suited for responding and replying to people. Social media great for discussion, but the unit of conversation is typically smaller and often replies to that specific post. As such, I feel forums are better for longer more involved discussions and social is better for smaller more informal discussions.

In terms of the audience, I have always found social media audiences to be a little less sticky and people are instead pulled into the content when it stands out. Forums are more of a clubhouse where people join up and become invested in the community. Thus, while forums may be smaller, I suspect the quality of the content is more in-depth and longer-running.
That is very correct, when you're talking about pulling up audiences like the clubhouse you need forum site, but when you mean discussion in a smaller unit, you can put social medias on. I prefer spending more time in forums than in social media cos forums are very informative and a kind of way of making money platform. Social media are always bump up with hilarious, and entertainment post.

If you looking for a more detailed, well defined and probably more correct information forums will give you that, social media is full of fake news though there are still some verified ones.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back