What's new

Forum ran by dictatorship, or democracy?

Joshua Farrell

Stargate SG1 Fan
Valued Contributor
VIP Member
5000+ Posts Club
Jul 20, 2016
USD
$1.0175USD
Biznotes
VIP Premium - 4 Years: Platinum
List Your Withdraw Option Here!
List Your Withdraw Option Here!
How do you run your site? Do you do like some admins and it does not matter what anyone says, what you say goes, or do you listen to your staff and make decisions based on their input?

I have never owned any forum but worked for a couple of writing sites and forums as a super moderator or editor (for writing sites). I was one of the editors and super moderator for one site that had a very active forum and articles section besides Q&A, Quiz, etc. The owner of the website was a senior software engineer in Infosys so he trusted his team and we discussed everything in a thread that was visible to moderators and editors only. I am still a staff member of that site but the site is no more paying thanks to Google's policies and earning algorithm.

I have never owned any forum but worked for a couple of writing sites and forums as a super moderator or editor (for writing sites). I was one of the editors and super moderator for one site that had a very active forum and articles section besides Q&A, Quiz, etc. The owner of the website was a senior software engineer in Infosys so he trusted his team and we discussed everything in a thread that was visible to moderators and editors only. I am still a staff member of that site but the site is no more paying thanks to Google's policies and earning algorithm.
Why dictatorship will not have enough subscribers and I'm not sure we'll be able to succeed but a forum that is run by democracy will have freewheel for every subscriber to air their views.

Why dictatorship will not have enough subscribers and I'm not sure we'll be able to succeed but a forum that is run by democracy will have freewheel for every subscriber to air their views.
Most sites with dictator typed admins do not run successfully unless of course, they pay something extraordinary and have a specific niche that demands strict quality control and protocol. I believe people need certain liberties but within the TOS

I do not think anyone want to remain on a site where the admin is "Hitler" we need democracy every where. But just like the previous commentator has said if the payment is high, I might perhaps stay

How do you run your site? Do you do like some admins and it does not matter what anyone says, what you say goes, or do you listen to your staff and make decisions based on their input?
I think its better to both reason being that performing a dictatorship alone can be tiring at times while performing democracy can be bias, but combining the two will produce a right judgment for any case.

I don't own a site yet. When i eventually own one, i think i would listen to my staffs and make decisions based on their input. I would run my forum based on democracy.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back