5000+ Posts Club
Jul 20, 2016
USD
$1.0175USD
Biznotes
VIP Premium - 4 Years: Platinum
List Your Withdraw Option Here!
List Your Withdraw Option Here!
Do you think it is necessary to occassionally give your forum a makeover? Do you think it is necessary to do so, when you have multiple skins? I have seen changes from colors, designs, content to going so far as a name change.

In my opinion, change can be good at times for a community. Many times I have seen forums die out, because the admin felt that nothing needed to be changed or that having multiple skins for its members was sufficient. The common thought of " if it isn't broke, don't fix it" seems to be a reason not to as well.

What are your thoughts?

I do agree with you that those little makeovers can be quite good for a forum. From a user's point of view, seeing your regular site looking all made over gets you rejuvenated to keep at it especially if you were already losing interest.

A business and company needs to give a little make over frequently at least quarterly. We don't need to wait till everything is damaged befor we find solutions. That's the reason why some business do fade out.

The makeover will be good when you are rolling out updates and new features. However, if nothing has been changed in the forum, I don't think a makeover is necessary. Forum is also a business, every business has its own theme color, logo, banner, etc. Forum owners should stick with these things that give their forums identity.

You are very right, one has to be conversant with the latest acceptable trends to enable one satisfy the members to prevent them from lacking, adding more beneficial features socially and monetizing are very important, the forums die majorly because the ,managers do not make enough research as regards forum development, nice thread.

If you have active users and if your community is huge, I think giving makeovers once in a while is in the benefit of the forum. Makeovers will be like giving fresh breath of air into the forum. However, the changes should not come too often.

I think it's quite necessary to always give your forum, blog a facelift from time to time because this is one thing that may attract more traffic to your website or forum.

Do you think it is necessary to occassionally give your forum a makeover? Do you think it is necessary to do so, when you have multiple skins? I have seen changes from colors, designs, content to going so far as a name change.

In my opinion, change can be good at times for a community. Many times I have seen forums die out, because the admin felt that nothing needed to be changed or that having multiple skins for its members was sufficient. The common thought of " if it isn't broke, don't fix it" seems to be a reason not to as well.

What are your thoughts?
Yeah I guess it is necessary to give a forum some making over at the end of every month I guess,so for the members in their not to get tired of seeing one particular makeover always tho.

Its nice to consistently update the forum with unique background colours, changed the background look, with more custom and eye catching themes. Always run steady maintenance, update the SSL code, to provide more security to the forum and make it difficult for malicious hackers to break in.

At different seasons, many owners change the look. That can be fun. Anyway, free and premium forum skins exist for that purpose. Who has used one? How did people react?

At different seasons, many owners change the look. That can be fun. Anyway, free and premium forum skins exist for that purpose. Who has used one? How did people react?
I think that if you have different looks for a free and premium that it can sometimes work howver you have to have additional features in order to encourage people to sign up for premium.

I feel it's necessary to not always but occasionally give my forum a makeover. Sometimes it's just nice to change the design, content, or theme of one's website.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back