What's new

For a new business, is it adviseeable to employ family and friends?

It would be OK to hire family members or friends in your business as long as he or she is competent in the position. You have to consider the skills and work ethics of the individual. Don’t hire someone who is not fit for the job, or you will just regret in the future.

There are advantage and disadvantages in employing a family member in your business:
+
1. As you said, it cuts cost. Of course, if they really treat you as a family member, they will consider being paid lower than expected just for you to save money.
2. You knew them from head to toe. You feel relived and nothing to worry that they were doing their job even youre not keeping an eye on them.
3. Youll feel secured for your business because you trust them.

Those are the three things to consider why a family member can be your employee if they are what you see on them, but if not, you must employ a stranger.

For a start up, would you advise he/she accommodates family and friends to cut cost?
Don't invite friends! There are numerous cases of starting a business with a friend and probably after the business is booming, the other friends is against the progress of the business! So what's the benefit of doing the business, if the friend not have the same vision with you

It is not a bad thing to add family membr or friend to your business because if they are qualified and capable of managing business with you, but be careful in keeping your family and business matter separate because mostly family issues get involve in business which ruins the business matters.

To my own understanding , I don't think it's a good idea bringing in your family or friends into a growing business, although your spouse is exempted from this category.
The reason I feel it may not be right bringing in family or friends is because they will definitely feel too comfortable, wouldn't be so carefree like they should, have ownership mentality all which could destroy a growing business

Too many cases out their of family members ruining start up because they are employed not based on experience but because they are a relative. The truth is, there is nothing wrong with employing family members and friends in your business as long as the know the job description of the business and they will abide by the rules, terms and conditions of the business. It is always better that one recruits without sentiments at that crucial initial stage.

For a start up, would you advise he/she accommodates family and friends to cut cost?
If you need an investment to start a brand new business, you should start a partnership business to avoid loneliness. But in that you have to take care of their demand and you have to do business keeping in mind their desires so in a way you get bound.

For me it's a yes, because they are the one you really know. There are many advantages on how does the family and friends can help your business. Aside from they are readily available, they are also trustworthy persons because you know them and they know that you are expecting from them with something that can contribute to your business.

I remember the saying that came across on my newsfeed on facebook, it says "You're biggest fan could possibly a stranger, and your biggest hater could be someone you know". This applies on your question if is it good to employ family members or friends?, it is good hire a person you didnt know because you will not get conscious specially if you instructed him to do a certain task, unlike when your employee is close to you(family member or friend) sometimes you tend to value or think your relation as family member than being in an employer-employee relationship, which will affect your business.

It is only advisable when the two parties in question can keep the balance between family ties and business. A family member might become incompetent and you as a business owner might not be able to Sanction him or her because of the relationship between both of you.

If you want to keep your expenses low, you will have to avoid hiring workers for your business. However, you also need someone to help you in the business. If you have someone who wishes you very well, you can have them assist you in your business management and operation. However, you should stay away from asking for help from friends and family who are not skilled and do not take your business seriously.

The truth is, there is nothing wrong with employing family members and friends in your business as long as the know the job description of the business and they will abide by the rules, terms and conditions of the business. If they could agree that they can do the work without bringing familiarity into the business, then there is no cause for alarm.

There is a higher chance that a family member/relative might messig up your entire business start up plan. Maybe you can hire them but make a strong agreement with them stating, whenever youre at worling hours, set aside your personal relation. They want a job?, give it to them. You gave them a job?, they must work hard for your company.

Hiring your friends and family to help get your small business going can be a good thing. Especially if they are really interested in helping you get it off the ground in the early going and are working for free or for a very reduced wage while you have little or nothing to pay them before the business grow on it feet

Absolutely not, I don't think you should be employing a family member or a friend to a newly established business because there is just alot of reasons how things could go wrong. For one there would probably not be enough supervision on your part, and even if you supervise he or she very well, he or she would definitely be tempted to behave irresponsibly since you are a friend or family or they don't take the work serious because of overfamiliarity and when you caution them they will say you are too bossy and all other.

I guess it would be a bad idea to employ one who has never been in a field of business or even one who doesn't have any experience on it, I suggest you should prefer to those who have experience working already. Since business is a serious matter and not a game that you should be careless to decide.

It depends on the trust between you and them, if you employ family and friend to work for you it has it disadvantage and advantage.
The advantage is that of they are trustworthy and they really love you then they treat the work as their own personal work
But if they are bad and dubious people even if they messed up your business it won't be easy for you to sack them because of the bond between you.

It's not a bad idea, a family member will naturally be more trusted and he will also become more loyal, you just have to define his roles and Job is and tell him or her to stick to it, no one wants to see the company run down or run into Losses.

Gosh ....it's really helpful in some ways but also a bad decision ..... I saw in a school where the hire most of their family as staff to get help and to also give support but some of the members take seriously their jobs but most of them were like today I have this problem I have that problem I can't come ,I will come late ,I will go early ,si there are a lot of challenges everyday ...what I think that employ only one or two person from family and hire staff on merit

I always tell people this: don't employ anyone that you can not prosecute. Employing family members is not wise at all. They might mismanage the business and if you dare complain, it might degenerate into family feud and bad blood. So no, I will not do it.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back