What's new

For a new business, is it adviseeable to employ family and friends?

Some family members and friends working for you might be a blessing in disguise becaus they will work hard as if they are the owner of the business, while some will spoil the business with their attitude .
Yeah, I think it is best to put Business professionalism before relationship. So if you want to hire family to your business, interview them like any other person and hire them for their skills, not because they are family.

You need to first give them a good and thorough interview even if they are family and friends , its normal thing to employ family and friends when they are serious about the job.

I wouldn't advice that, especially for a new business. Most new business lacks structure and as such there's more room to misuse opportunities. It is always better that one recruits without sentiments at that crucial initial stage.
But is actually depends the kind of person you want to employ, because not all of them are bad there are some that is good that will handle the business more than how you think, so is not bad to employ a family for a new business.

But is actually depends the kind of person you want to employ, because not all of them are bad there are some that is good that will handle the business more than how you think, so is not bad to employ a family for a new business.

I think that you can employ family members and friends if you think that they are trust worthy. The fact remains that it all depends on how much you trust them.

I think that you can employ family members and friends if you think that they are trust worthy. The fact remains that it all depends on how much you trust them.
Exactly, starting a new business before employing a family member you need to understand the person very well, if actually the person is very trustworthy person or not, before the person bring your business down.

Employing family and friends in a new business can be advantageous since they may have a stake in its success and may be more devoted to the company. Employing relatives and friends, however, can also have significant drawbacks, including the possibility of nepotism and favoritism as well as challenges in establishing performance standards and giving feedback.

When I started my business, I didn't have staff. All I had was limited capital, a dream and a drive. I worked hard everyday and usually got exhausted. I had the option of telling my siblings to come help me but I resisted the urge no matter how tired I used to be. I don't do business and involve family and friends. The would not be professional.

If at the start of the business, the amount of money available to the entrepreneur is not reasonable enough to pay for a worker, it's not out of place for you to engage your family members. They would be willing to help you build your business because they would benefit from it.

It is debatable if one should hire family and friends for a new business. While some sources advise against it because of potential drawbacks including conflicts of interest and a lack of professionalism, others contend that it can be advantageous for the company, particularly in terms of staff engagement and retention.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with employing Family or Friends to a new start up. If these said Family or Friend is competent enough to take the role, Then you can hire them to save cost.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with employing Family or Friends to a new start up. If these said Family or Friend is competent enough to take the role, Then you can hire them to save cost.
The main reason why people dont want to employ family and friends to woek in their company is because most of them takes work with levity hand because they don't care .

There are many people who hire family members when their family members or close relatives suffer from financial problems. I think that being a relative, it is our responsibility to offer work to our relatives.

The main reason why people dont want to employ family and friends to woek in their company is because most of them takes work with levity hand because they don't care .
Yes, That is true.
Most family members take work with levity because of the "I don't care attitude". But I believe there are still some exception as some family member or Friend would take your business seriously.

Yes, That is true.
Most family members take work with levity because of the "I don't care attitude". But I believe there are still some exception as some family member or Friend would take your business seriously.

I think that such kind of attitude could harm the company. If a company is treating you in a great manner, then there is no reason to never care about the company.

I think that such kind of attitude could harm the company. If a company is treating you in a great manner, then there is no reason to never care about the company.
Such attitude would definitely affect the company. And it is a bad attitude to possess as an Employee. If you know you can not do the work diligently then quit working from the company.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back