What's new

First Session: What's the difference between CV and Resume ??

Hey all :)
I have decided to start a course to learn CV writing to help as many people as possible to get a job as soon as possible. With this useful course, you can write your CV better and better than you used to.

If you want a high-quality Cv for your career, don't forget to read this thread and send me a pm:

The first lesson will be free for you to be sure of the quality provided to you, and if you are interested in continuing the next lessons, you will have to pay only 400 Biznotes, which is in appreciation of the efforts I make for you.

So the first lesson will be about the difference between Cv and Resume. I have noticed that most people don't differentiate between these two words in my professional or even personal life. Today, you will know about the difference between them and which is better to apply for jobs.

Two years ago, I researched and found that CV is a British word while Resume is an American word, but this is not the real difference, so please come here to explain everything to you:

1- what's a Cv:

Cv is a detailed explanation of your academic and scientific qualifications and educations in full and in detail.

2- Where to use cv?

It is used in applying for scholarships or postgraduate studies, where the universities ask the students who are applying for grants all their personal information and your professional history in detail and in full, regardless of whether it is related to the specialization you requested or not where you must explain all your academic and professional experiences, such as the degrees you obtained, the research you carried out, or the awards you received.

The number of pages in a CV is usually 2-7 pages.

3-What's a Resume?

a Resume is a brief and detailed presentation of your qualifications on the job you applied for specifically, so it is used more for job applications or even summer training

And for this, you should write only the qualifications required for work and avoid other skills as much as possible, such as your experiences related to the job, which can benefit the company you applied for. The study must be related to the job; skills and certificates are the same.

The number of pages should range between one to two pages at most. Hence, you have to be smart, write your resume in an organized manner, and focus only on your skills and experience related to the job because anything you add away from the job will detract from your chances. They consider you not suitable for this job. That is why you have to show them that you are the right person for the job and deserve an oral interview.

and here the first article is finished; tell me your reviews or if you have a question in the comments below ^^

Last edited:
The goal is the same, you present them for a scholarship or a job or an internship, but if you want to take it more deeply, there is a difference between them.
Can you please, detail me the little differences between the two?
I simply wants to learn something new and amend my own understanding if I am right or simply needs more knowledge on any of them.

Can you please, detail me the little differences between the two?
I simply wants to learn something new and amend my own understanding if I am right or simply needs more knowledge on any of them.
I have explained everything in the thread; just read it slowly and carefully, and you'll get what I meant.

CV and Resume are great tools to introduce yourself. I personally use them both, my resume explains my qualities, characters, and skills. It portrays my story to the company or to the institution to that I apply. I use it to showcase my skills that might add value to the organization. And my CV contains all my personal bio-data which the organization would find helpful while making a decision. This has really helped to distinguish me from others while attending an interview. The recruiter first sees our resume and CV and makes a decision even before meeting us. So having a good resume and CV is very essential to make your mark in the interviews.

The final session of a CV is a resume means a CV could include the big lines while a resume is just containing everything but more details so employer first read CV then resume then ask some questions.

A resume is mostly a one page document that is containing only information about a person's education and experience especially if he's applying for a job. A cv on the other hand is more expantiated and it is going to give more details to things that have been highlighted on the resume.

Even with the explanation that you did provided, I do not see any difference between resume and the CV . The two words are used interchangeably and could replace each other.

CV is a very in-depth document that describes your career journey step-by-step while a resume is a short, straight-to-the-point, document created for the purpose of applying to a specific job.
Cv is detailed in that it tells about the educational qualification of the person involve as well as the job experience one has gotten,but a resume is purelly the job experience and exposure one has gotten over time.

I think CV is a high document that describe a person career, is also a full history of a person academic so CV is very important because is your skills that speaks for you.

Initially I used to feel this too things are same thanks for this piece of information,now I can differentiate between a resume and a CV and I will be able to write a better CV

A resume is mostly a one page document that is containing only information about a person's education and experience especially if he's applying for a job. A cv on the other hand is more expantiated and it is going to give more details to things that have been highlighted on the resume.
One thing about a resume is that it highlights all the experiences and skills as well as the jobs the applicant has been involved in.While a cv contains the educational qualifications and bio data of the applicant.

A CV is a document concerning your whole academic journey so far it is used to apply for job in organisations while a Resume is a document containing details and in a limited number of pages which is specifically to show detailed qualifications for job interviews.

Even with the explanation that you did provided, I do not see any difference between resume and the CV . The two words are used interchangeably and could replace each other.
It is simple bro, Cv is used once they need more details about your career (experiences, volunteering activities, Projects, education, skills..) and this is commonly used once you apply for a scholarship.

A resume is a short version once you highlight only the important events that you did throughout your life. Is it okay now?

That is a very good exposure about the issue of resume and cv,but here in my clime the general norm is in a situation where most employee would want to see your academic qualfication and your job experience in one application.

i believe that a c.v is a more comprehensive piece of information about you than the resume and they are both used for different purposes, a c.v would be used for applying for more professional fields why your resume might be for casual things

The CV presents a full history of your academic credentials, so the length of the document is variable. In contrast, a resume presents a concise picture of your skills and qualifications for a specific position, so length tends to be shorter and dictated by years of experience (generally 1-2 pages

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back