What's new

How do you find staff?

Ramo

Acquaintance
Dec 14, 2014
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Finding staff for your forum is harder then it sounds/looks. I have seen forums with lot's of great staff and I have seen forums with horrible staff.

In your opinion, what are some ways to find that perfect staff member for your forum?

Do you hire people, or look for volunteers, to help you manage your website?

I've always had quite a hard time allowing people to have certain permissions so I almost always end up running all of my sites on my own.
When I had forums I really only had super moderators and moderators. I refused to get admins but decided I needed to focus my attention on other projects so I ended up hiring one and he spammed the site, changed logins, etc. It was a terrible experience that kept me from hiring staff unless absolutely necessary, and even then they don't get special permissions.

Anyone else have a bad experience hiring others to help manage your site?

I always try to have one moderator on my site because it makes my job slightly easier as I don't have to go around looking for content that breaks the rules etc. I try to get volunteers because I don't like to spend site resources on something that users usually are happy to volunteer for.

I've always used members because they know my style of moderating (very lenient) but I can't keep them for long...because they get mad at me for being too lenient???

I'm really considering using someone from another site next time I need to add staff. That way there is no emotional attachment and it's just business. I tell them how I want things done and they'll do it instead of saying But so and so is my friend.

With my sites i usually hire staff i can trust and know pretty well to help me improve and keep an eye out on the websites,
I always find that when you know someone well enough and given they have good experience with the staff tasks then they will make a great fit,

so for me getting to know someone or someone you have worked with will defiantly help, not only that you can tell from your members who can also be trusted by increasing additional settings they can use to help the website out.

Plenty of staff is available on promotion forums. They're dependable. However, though, unless you have a stellar huge project, a single person could probably handle things, assuming he is knowledgeable.

Finding good staff is not always easy.
People should be smart enough to run stuff autonomously and they should be kind enough to follow the rules. Anyway, it's not that easy, to find good staff who are loyal and who take their responsibilities seriously.

Most of the people I know, just disappear without saying much. Sometimes, they wouldn't even interact with other users...and the list goes on and on. Anyway, it's better to choose someone whom you trust implicitly.

When I do decide to hire, I have always found that taking a wide variety of apps from people, and looking into various people, I have rarely had issues with hiring people to fill jobs on a voluntary basis. The only time I have had issues, was when I had no quality applications from people who didn't have iffy backgrounds in the way they do things.

At the beginning its definitely a better idea to just hire someone you know in real life as an administrator or someone who has a lot of reputation online. Otherwise you might risk giving permissions to the wrong person which could ruin your website

I would personally try to get friends to help me to begin with; offering monetary incentment isn't a recipe for success most of the time.

You want people that actually care for you and want to help you.

Yes. Has which means, in contrast to ancient jobs which regularly simply sell luxury merchandise to line the pockets of the homeowners and satisfy peoples’ desires (not needs), merely exploitation the employee and raping the world within the method.

I believe that if you should hire a person to help manage a site, or to support you, it should not be a friend or a very close friend, since for this reason, they generally abuse friendship and want to make decisions that it does not correspond to them. and it can go so far as to lose that friendship. I suggest hiring one that you have studied in detail, among several people.

I believe that if you should hire a person to help manage a site, or to support you, it should not be a friend or a very close friend, since for this reason, they generally abuse friendship and want to make decisions that it does not correspond to them. and it can go so far as to lose that friendship. I suggest hiring one that you have studied in detail, among several people.
I completely agree with that, and it could also be for monetary reasons, its never good to involve money with friends of yours. They may think you are greedy, or they may put demands on you, which could put a strain on your friendship

-you should select someone capable and has some skills in the domain that you work.
- it's better to know him but if not it's okay, just follow him from far, and if you like him, then you can select.
- he needs to be friendly, active, kind, and help the users of your community.

I don't hire people to manage my website for me. The best I do is to manage my time and make sure I write some articles per day and after doing that I will just need to post it later with optimization. Sometimes it's just not necessary to hire people for a website because some people are parasite who can just copy some of your content to other blogs they are working on.

Managing of website is different from managing some offline businesses or store. You need volunteers or hire someone who do not only have the experience but who is also knowledgeable about your website's products and services. After getting well acquainted with your website's services, he/she then needs to know and understand what proportion of work needs to be put into it on a daily basis.

Finding staff for your business in these part of the world is very easy because there are many qualified unemployed people everywhere. All you need to do as a business owner is to put up a public notice ether online or you can use some pupular media houses and you will get more than enough quilified workers you are looking for, it is now left for you to pick the best out of them.

This is one of the problems one faces when hiring an administrator for a website. Although I don't have a website but if I have, i will be the super administrator and only hire moderators. But if the need to make them or hire administrators arises, I won't reveal all the passwords on some basic information to them.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back