What's new

Favorite free forum hosting?

Shortie

Freelance Writer and Video Game Content Creator!
1000 Posts Club
Dec 6, 2022
USD
$6.0500USD
Biznotes
When starting out it is always wise to start out small and not put a lot of money into something unless you know things are going to do well from the start in which case, investing would be a good idea for you. Free forum hosting is always a great option for maybe a beginner or someone choosing to start out without putting any money into it at the moment. There are still quite a few free forum hosting sites out there and two that I can remember off the top of my head are Proboards and JCink. These are perfect for giving you a forum all set up and ready for you to customize to your liking and you also get a domain name with it. I know with JCink they have in the past moved a free forum over to hosting and Xenforo for me so that is great if you want to start out and move over if things take off.

Have you used free forum hosting in the past and if you have, which is your favorite to use?

When starting out it is always wise to start out small and not put a lot of money into something unless you know things are going to do well from the start in which case, investing would be a good idea for you. Free forum hosting is always a great option for maybe a beginner or someone choosing to start out without putting any money into it at the moment. There are still quite a few free forum hosting sites out there and two that I can remember off the top of my head are Proboards and JCink. These are perfect for giving you a forum all set up and ready for you to customize to your liking and you also get a domain name with it. I know with JCink they have in the past moved a free forum over to hosting and Xenforo for me so that is great if you want to start out and move over if things take off.

Have you used free forum hosting in the past and if you have, which is your favorite to use?
Am an ardent believer of someone only investing when you are very sure that the investment you would be making is going to become profitable, that is when you should pump in much money into such business.

No, i haven't made use of free forum hosting as i don't have a forum currently. I would like to know some of the good free forum hosting to use when i finally decide to own a forum.

If you want to have a forum then I do not even think you should be considering posting it on the free platform. This is only ideal for people who want to host small websites like a portfolio website.

My favorite free forum hosting sites are between ProBoards, ZetaBoards and MyBB. ProBoards offer a wide range of customization options, as well as a user-friendly interface and detailed analysis. ZetaBoards is a feature-rich platform that makes it easy to create a forum and manage it. MyBB is a popular open source platform that offers an array of plugins and themes, as well as advantageous tools

Gumroadb is actually my most favourite free website hosting. I know that it is usually created in support of creators but then there are so many other things that you can do with it.

I have never used free forum hosting, I have always used self hosted forums, however, I use open source content management systems on my forums. Based on my usage, I think proboards is a niche free forum hosting.

I have never used free forum hosting, I have always used self hosted forums, however, I use open source content management systems on my forums. Based on my usage, I think proboards is a niche free forum hosting.
I believe free hosting is the best even though, as people do patronize it more it makes it somehow difficult to understand, but in as much you prefer self hosted forums, you can continue that.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back