What's new

Family versus Job/business, which among the two is most important?

both are important . Especially if you run the business at home, it is important to set boundaries with your spouse or partner to make sure you are not always talking about business. When you are at work, be at work. And when you are at home, even if your business is in the garage, be at home. Have a separate phone for your business and don’t take business calls when you are on family time unless it is an emergency.

your family is more important than your job” – is one of the most valuable lessons I have learned in my leadership development. So important, in fact, that over the years it has been one of the more frequent statements that I have shared with others in conversations about job decisions, especially when they have come to me struggling over what the best decision is for their family. The lesson initially came home to me shortly after I had stepped into my first senior leadership role.

I had been working in an organization where I had been very effective, and had played an important role in helping to bring about valuable and significant change. It seemed that I had been able to have positive influence on the organization and on many people within and connected to the organization. Looking back, I can see that my ego was being fed, and I was becoming prideful in my perspective. In the development of my personal work ethic, I had been taught to work in such a way that I would become more important to the organization than the organization was to me, but in my pride, this grew into the sentiment that I was invaluable to the company. I began to believe that if I were to ever leave, the organization would suffer and would take a noticeable step backward.

And then it happened. I was given an opportunity to become the leader of another organization, one that was experiencing struggle and decline. Although I had anxiety about whether or not I was prepared or capable, and about the unknown of this new experience, I was also excited, and anticipating the chance to again be an agent of change. My family was very supportive and excited along with me, encouraged me in this opportunity, and embraced the prospect of this new experience. So, we loaded a moving truck, packed up our family, and moved a thousand miles away to a new home and a new life.

As I left the previous company, I secretly believed that my loss would hurt, and even had the arrogance to think that it would require two people to replace all that I was doing. I imagined in my mind that I would soon be hearing about how much they missed me, and how much they realized I had meant to them. But then, the unthinkable happened – they moved on without me! They hired someone else with his own set of skills and passion, they adjusted, and they continued to move forward. Meanwhile, I was struggling to win the support and trust of a skeptical group of people who had no idea what I had accomplished or what I could do.

As a much you need money to keep the home running, do you think your job/business comes before your family or vice-versa?
It takes great love and understanding for one to be able to balance business attention and that of the family. That's why it's important to build your business around your family. That way everyone is carried along and all family members know and understand what it takes to run such a business. Then as a family,have and create time to enjoy outside business. Go for vacations, have picnic together, see a movie together. Etc

Definitely not, your job is important but your family is ten times more important. A father who focuses on his job and has little time for his children is a bad father and his children may end up hating him or no knowing him at all.

Business is more important than family, those people in your family are useless and they will not give you a dime. The only thing that family will offer you is judgement and criticism so it is better for you to face your hustle now.

Family comes first before any other thing family is what you have forever and job is also important because you need to work to make money so that you can take care of your family. So the two are important but family is number one priority that's why they no place like home.

This is a difficult question but you and I knows without money you can't run the family.. In as much family is very important, what run the family to make it juicy and loon like good family is money... I am not vividly saying saying money is above family but I am trying to say that, you can't run one without the other... Both has to run together.

As a much you need money to keep the home running, do you think your job/business comes before your family or vice-versa?
I think there is always a way to control the two , because the two is very important. Family is important , so is the Business because without a good business ,one may not be able to take care of the family needs. So , as for me I will look for a way to control the two .

Always family is preferred. But we earn or run our business just to see our family happy and satisfy. We just work for the happiness of ourselves and for our family. It does not mean that we preferred business instead of family every time. If we have not any business then how can our needs fulfill?.

your family is more important than your job” – is one of the most valuable lessons I have learned in my leadership development. So important, in fact, that over the years it has been one of the more frequent statements that I have shared with others in conversations about job decisions, especially when they have come to me struggling over what the best decision is for their family
Post automatically merged:

your family is more important than your job” – is one of the most valuable lessons I have learned in my leadership development. So important, in fact, that over the years it has been one of the more frequent statements that I have shared with others in conversations about job decisions, especially when they have come to me struggling over what the best decision is for their family

Family and job or business both are very important, they both work together, infact job or business is as important as family, now why do we work or why do we run businesses, all for the sake of feeding our family, creating a legacy down for our family. Without money how do you intend to feed your family, a man without money to take care of his family is tagged a useless man. Likewise if you make your business your top priority without giving your family the time they need you end up loosing them. So both are very important and work hand in hand.

Families brought you into existence, so they are very important in your life and you can never do without them no matter what you do or how much you try. Now, if you are married, you work or do business to take care of your family and responsibilities. One can't be removed, but what you need is to time your commitment to each one.

As much as the two are concern both are all important but one need to work to earn money or get business with the aim to take good care of a family therefore family is the most important one we all will look up to.

Nothing can be use to match a family, for me family is everything.
How can you in the first place try to compare job, business even work with family.
Listen job can come and go, business can come and go but, family is forever.

No matter how you look at it, family is more important than any other thing. Family will always be the last man standing when every other thing fails. If your business fails, you still have a family to run to. I understand it's important to make money but it's more important to value the people that matter to you. Never ever prioritise your job/business above your family.

Both the family and the job are important. But putting them in tabular form, family comes first. Business might fail to tolerate you, family would always remember the ties between one another. When job or business fails, the family is a shoulder to fall back upon. Therefore, when business is yielding, use it to treat your family well and that includes your friends and at times, relatives.

Job is most important the family should come first,pesa is needed to get basic things and satisfy family members but some situations require family love and support .no money no sirvife in this areas money is very necessary

Nothing can be use to match a family, for me family is everything.
How can you in the first place try to compare job, business even work with family.
Listen job can come and go, business can come and go but, family is forever.
Some people really have this problem of not knowing their priorities and follow them first. We live for our families because without them we are simply nothing. The money you chase down so hard to make is absolutely useless if there is no family to enjoy it with.

I will always think of my family before business. Peace of mind is very important in any thing you do. If you have peace of mind with your family, you will focus fully on your business. Imagine a situation where s business owner is having problem with his wife. Anytime he finished working at the business, he will always think of home as war zone. With this mindset, he business will be affected per time.

Personally I don't think it is necessary comparing this two factors because they are both important and everyone knows that family is very much at any time despite that money is highly needed to keep the family safe and peaceful.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back