What's new

Failure is the best teacher

That's your own point of view , and you must have your point for saying that , but I don't agree with you, wole soyinka said he learnt through his failure because he wrote jamb and waec a couple of times before making it but he never backed down, Now I believe we all know what he has achieved in life now.
Read what am saying, and understand me, we are saying the same thing, you gave an example of Wole Soyinka writing jamb and waec more than once, but didn't back down, this is simply because he was determined, if he had no determination he would have backed down but he didn't because he was had determination, he is not successful now because he failed, but because he was determined not to let failure hold him back, his mindset plays a major role. If he had not succeeded no one would have heard about his past.

Failing at something is part of one's experience. It therefore teaches the person involved a lot,and for someone who's determined to do better will see it as a stepping stone to success.

In my experience, I would say that experience is the best teacher and not failure. Let's check it out. With your experience in something, you've gotten a lot of juice to manipulate things to your advantage already

There is no guarantee that when a person fails he would succeed later on. Your failure has Notting to do with you succeeding honestly. I only see it as a way of getting experience I believe this is why people call it the best teacher. Cause when you fail in one method, you would have to go and learn another method to try it. But this all depends on how determined you are as an individual.
But this should not not be applicable in a business ,as you understand business is very difficult for people to start and people spend so much money trying to start up a business, it may not be easier for people to fail in business and use that as an experience.

Well failure teaches alot of lessons.. it makes us realize the mistake we made and makes us sit up but I wouldn't say failure is the best teacher, I would say the experience you get from failure is the best teachef. People achieve success too and they still learn from the success so it's the experience that teaches best.

Yes I understand, which is why I said failure is not a guarantee for success, which means a person can still succeed even if he or she has not experienced failure. I then went further to explain that the reason why people see failure as the best teacher is because in most cases, it gives you the opportunity to learn new ways
But this should not not be applicable in a business ,as you understand business is very difficult for people to start and people spend so much money trying to start up a business, it may not be easier for people to fail in business and use that as an experience.

,Failure is the best teacher, we can understand this quote by history
Of bill gates
Have you ever driven across one of those weird black cables that stretched across the road measuring traffic by counting tire bumps? So did Bill Gates and a few of his friends. This is why he founded Traf-O-Data.

This system recorded traffic information and fed it back to government authorities, civil engineers and others that needed it. Like other inventions that had hyphens and capital 'O's in its name, the concept ultimately failed. Maybe 'Traf-O-Rama' would have been better branding.
Another success qoute is
"Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts."
Failure teaches us a lot.
When you fail, you must have noted the areas you made mistakes and taken measures to correct them.
Failure is an experience, and we learn from our experiences !

Yes I understand, which is why I said failure is not a guarantee for success, which means a person can still succeed even if he or she has not experienced failure. I then went further to explain that the reason why people see failure as the best teacher is because in most cases, it gives you the opportunity to learn new ways
Well this might actually be true. But not an all aspects but in whatever way I always tried to respect the word of others... We have a lot of opportunities and different ways of learning new things both as failure and with experience

Sure, the phrase 'failure Is the best teacher' is actually true in the real sense because it teaches, it motivates, it's a drive force and anyone who feels bad and relaxes at failure, thereby giving up on his/her goal is not determined to go ahead or doesn't understand what life entails.

Failure is the best I can agree with that but it depends on the person who will learn form his past mistakes that lead to his failure because if you can not learn to correct your your past mistakes then definitely you can not learn from the failure.
Post automatically merged:

Yes of course failure is the best teacher because if you do not fail then definitely you will not have negative experience about the business that will helped you to build and prepared for future happening but when you fail you will try to avoid It from happening again.

Last edited:
Well it actually a bit controversial because some persons have failed and not learn from their mistakes while some only learned from people's experiences and succeeded

Well it actually a bit controversial because some persons have failed and not learn from their mistakes while some only learned from people's experiences and succeeded
LoL Though it's funny but you are right, it all depends on the mindset of the said person, there are some who have failed so many times but they are yet to even learn a lesson and there are some who have not failed but then learn from the mistake of others.

Failure is part of experience and it teaches one a lot. When I fail at something, I am moved to learn what made me fail and look for the best ways to correct it so I don't fail again

I learn a lot for my mistakes because I gained a lot of knowledge and understanding from my mistakes and i get better after learning from my mistakes.

It has been said that if you want to succeed faster you need to double the rate of your failure. The reason is that you are going to acquire a lot of experience in the process to increase your chance of succeeding.

Failure is the best teacher in the sense that with failure some one can try as much as possible in other to be better in the future or tried to avoid the appearance of what he has experienced as failure.

You will learn from your mistakes, and they will only improve you. There isn't much learning in success. Accept failure and move forward. Failure is not falling down, but rather refusing to get back up.

Yeah failure is the best teacher ever hence that is failure occurs at a times experience might be learned in other to avoid such a fails in going way further or to step outside of the the same mistake.

I totally agree. When we fail, we learn from our mistakes but this time around we have to learn the hard way, because one might have exhausted all the energy, time and resources.

Failure is the best teacher. We learn from our failure's and not to repeat that same mistake. Failure is one of the steps to our own success, sometimes we there's need to fail before we succed.

Newest Directory Listings

smmgoal
Forums
Clicks
Views
Esimbuy.org is an innovative online platform that specializes in e-SIM products and services. As e-SIM technology continues to gain popularity for its flexibility and convenience, Esimbuy.org provides users with easy access to this modern solution
Nebulous
Forums
Clicks
Views
Off Topix is the best general discussion community around!
Back