Sincerem

Ledgendary Member
50,000 Post Club
Nov 13, 2020
USD
$2.0000USD
Biznotes
Facts You Didn't Know About Christmas

The celebration of Christmas was traced back to the 16th century, when the early church observe 25 December as the celebration of the new birth.
Christmas is simply the celebration of the birth of Jesus and are mainly done by the Christian even from the earliest Church hundred of years ago. Ever since this was generally accepted, Christians all over the world now partake in the celebration . It is also a season which promotes love through exchange of gifts, joy, and happiness. Ever since the earliest Christian community started the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ and before December 25 was officially accepted universally , there are other events we also have to take note of concerning the festive period, which is stated below.

IMG_COM_20221220_2147_58_4391.jpg

1) The real birthday of Jesus is not known.

The Bible generally has not stated the exact date of Jesus. However, in the Julian calendar, 25 December was known as the winter solstice or the Nativity of the sun. The winter solstice was a pagan holiday celebrated by the Roman empire which usually begans on December 17 and stopped at December 25. As this Day was adopted as the Day for the celebration of the birth of Jesus, it indicates that the chosen birth of Jesus Christ is link with the pagan holiday celebration known as the winter soltice .

2) The world's tallest Xmas tree

The world's tallest Xmas tree was built in 1950 at the Northgate shopping centre. It is measured 221 feet. Presently the Enid tower Xmas tree is considered the tallest Christmas tree presently measuring 140 ft tall.

3) Why is Boxing Day Called Boxing Day?

Why is Boxing Day Called Boxing Day? Day got its name from a box gift given to the servant by masters/mistress, a box gift given to friends, friends, and another relative. Boxing Day is being celebrated differently depending on location. In South Africa it is known as the Day of the Goodwill. In some northern European countries it is known as Christmas ll or the second Christmas season. In Ireland it is known as the feast of the saint and in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and the UK, Boxing Day is the busiest shopping day.

4) History of the jingle bell song

The jingle bell is among the most popular Christmas song presently, however there is no mention of Christmas or any other Christmas related terms in the jingle Bell song. Lord James Pierpont was the composer of gingle ball song in 1857. He was a songwriter , an organist, and also a soldier.
Some historical finding reports indicate that the song was first performed at the Thanksgiving at the church of Pierpoint's father . The song became associated with Christmas after it was performed on 15 December 1857 at the Thanksgiving making it popular to this Day.

5) History of the Christmas Tree.

The Germans is credited as the first country to have started the Christmas tree in the 16th century. The Christians in Germans decorated trees into their homes and was called " The Paradise tree " which was to represent the paradise tree. The knowledge of Christmas tree migrated to Europe , the United States and the world at large .

Last edited by a moderator:
There are interesting facts, but I wouldn't want to worry about whether Jesus was born on Christmas day or not. I just enjoy and cherish the moment and nothing again.

I've been having a misconception about what the boxing day represented. I was interpreting it literally as a boxing day without knowing it represented something much deeper.

There are interesting facts, but I wouldn't want to worry about whether Jesus was born on Christmas day or not. I just enjoy and cherish the moment and nothing again.

This is exactly the same way I feel about Christmas even though I know some of the details that he narrated about the origin of Christmas and how it has been from the ancient days but I've never really cared about trying to make it a priority. This is because it doesn't have any contribution to do with how I enjoy the holidays.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator