What's new

Facebook owner Meta expected to announce major job losses

• Thread starter BBC News - Business
  • Start date

BBC News - Business

The company faces difficult economic conditions and is investing heavily in its metaverse push. ...

Continue reading the above news article, by clicking here.

Administration and Moderation NOTE: A Reminder, the above news is provided for free, through a RSS Feed. The above quote does NOT include the full story. In order to continue to read more past what is quoted, please click through to the article, by clicking on the link provided above through the "continue reading" text.

Please be sensible and follow our terms of service and rules, when replying and debating the news article.

I think the current downsizing by Twitter has actually made Facebook to take this particular decision. When Elon musk took over Twitter he fired a lot of workers and I think Facebook is doing exactly the same.

I think the current downsizing by Twitter has actually made Facebook to take this particular decision. When Elon musk took over Twitter he fired a lot of workers and I think Facebook is doing exactly the same.
Elon musk is now the owner of Twitter I guess, I don't know he has fired a lot of people, but do you know why that happened? I have heard of this I thought it was a lie.

This is going to be quite funny because when Elon musk decided to downsize Twitter because of rising costs, a lot of eyebrows were raised, to the extent there were talks he was out to kill Twitter.

Elon musk is now the owner of Twitter I guess, I don't know he has fired a lot of people, but do you know why that happened? I have heard of this I thought it was a lie.
The reason he fired a lot of people is because he wants to trim the size of the workers. He only wants to retain those who are very much important to the business.

The reason he fired a lot of people is because he wants to trim the size of the workers. He only wants to retain those who are very much important to the business.
Wow, but I don't think that's a good idea, I just watched a video yesterday on how he has fired almost all of the workers, in my own opinion that's not a good idea.

You are right about Elon muskbut you cant know what he's thinking exactly , but this post is about Facebook announcing about their job loss , most especially maybe they are firing some workers .

You are right about Elon muskbut you cant know what he's thinking exactly , but this post is about Facebook announcing about their job loss , most especially maybe they are firing some workers .
That's true, I don't know why Elon musk decided to fire some of the workers on Twitter, I believe he have his special reason for doing that, Twitter is doing good.

it is expected because robots and AI are gradually replacing humans in the work field, which is why we also need to diversify into other income streams so that we can keep making money on every side

Well, I wouldn't blame Facebook for planing to do it because the amount of loses is too much which the company could even use and paid workers salary if it's actually included in revenue. However, the blame is on government who have made inflation to rise in high percentage in short period of time.

A lot of companies have actually started this downsizing of their workers since the turn of the year 2023 and is a very difficult thing for all those that are working in the IT Department because they're the ones that are affected majorly.

Companies like facebook should rather try to improve their policies and stop propagandists from promoting hate propaganda. They have been criticised for their lack of responsiveness related to this.

Companies like facebook should rather try to improve their policies and stop propagandists from promoting hate propaganda. They have been criticised for their lack of responsiveness related to this.
I think their reluctance to improve in that area can make a lot of people to stop using their services. I have read a few of your comments criticizing Facebook because of that and I think it is bad.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back