Exact Match Domains

jyy

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Verified Poster
BizNotes
In times past, it was easy to rank for certain terms by simply picking a domain that exactly contained the keyphrase one was targeting. For instance, if one was targeting "used cars California", a person could simply register UsedCarsCalifornia.net, UsedCarsCalifornia.info etc..

Anyway, though, obviously this was a practice abused by lower quality websites. Of course, it was a shortcut for them.

jyy

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Verified Poster
BizNotes
It still can be used, but with a little care. For instance, my Online Drafting School (draftingschool.net) domain has paid off with keyword precision for several years now, as has my Technical Drawing Courses (technicaldrawing.us) domain. The domain/keyword principle still pays off if used reasonably.

True, but how much do other factors play? For instance, maybe you have a good link profile.

jyy

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Verified Poster
BizNotes
This is pretty much a dead strategy that worked back in the 2000s and maybe early 2010s. My advice is to pay professionals for SEO - cause an ordinary person cannot do it on their own these days. Anyway, since your paying, you might find it more profitable to not try SEO and opt for PPC. Well, there's a debate there.

Ralphjoe

Seasoned Veteran
Verified Poster
BizNotes
In as much as close match domains where the norms in the olden days, it is actually still in practice in this day and age. To get much for your website you can still be using domains that correlate or correspond with your key words.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock