Exact Match Domains and Ranking

Jason

Up-and-Coming Sensation
100 Posts Club
Sep 29, 2019
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
This trick used to work in the past. Nonetheless, honestly, it isn't very honest. Well, let's provide an example. Let's say you are targeting "used cars in London". Well, in that case, you could register a domain called UsedCarsInLondon.biz as a shortcut to ranking, even if your content may or may not be so hot.

This doesn't always work but short term it has higher success rates. This usually tapers off within the first year of the domain being registered however which will just end up being an added headache for the domain owner.

I was able to make quite a killing, well maybe around a few hundred a month, from one search term - targeted with an exact match domain. Nonetheless, this was in 2011 and since then Google and then later Bing has flushed that stuff out with ranking updates. Well, it was good while it lasted.

Anyway, my regret was not making the sites better, which probably wouldn't had been too hard - rather than just ride the exact match thing. However. I don't know if that would have saved them.

SEO starts with registering a domain. If you have registered a domain that contains keywords or even search queries, it will be easier to rank. While having exact match domain does not guarantee you number one spot on search engine result page, you still need high quality cxontent and search engine optimized site, but thew domain will puit your site on advantage.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back