What's new

Ever paid a developer to make a site app for you?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Have you ever paid a developer to make a site app for you? As in an app just for your site? I've considered paying people to make apps for me, but I always felt it wasn't needed for most of my sites, as they're usually blogs and forums. I don't see those working well under an app.

Do you think an app for a simple website is needed? I know you could just make most sites mobile friendly, so an app probably isn't needed.

No, never I've i done that before. But since I'm already considering creating a website to my business, i guess i will have to be thinking of getting someone to pay that will help build a site

No, I have never done this. I have taken a mobile app development class, however, and so if all or part of my website was monetizable as an application that could compete with other apps in the App Store, I would likely take the opportunity to build the app myself (and enjoy the process of building it) rather than paying someone else to do it.

At points, I have actually wanted specific applications in certain websites that were lacking, so I began developing the applications that I wanted. I think I could do something similar for a mobile app use case. I already know Java and Swift looks easy to learn. It doesn’t look difficult for someone with my experience.

No, I have never even considered creating a mobile app for my forums. I think it would have to be something offered through the forum software first. With the iOS update that allows you to add webpages to your home screen and get notifications in real-time, I'd like to see that added to the forum software I use, then I don't think a mobile app would be necessary because it's essentially much like a mobile app.

When my website is already designed to be mobile friendly, I don't see any reason why I would have the need to pay a developer to make an application for my website. It's a complete waste of money, time and resources. There are some many aspects in my website where I believe that money for building an application would be more needed.

I've not paid any app developer to develop an application for my website. I can't bear the expenses which is what's putting me off from paying for it. Applications are used freely by mobile users and it's why I have interest in using it for my website in the future.

Hiring a developer may not be that easy and it does cost money. However, if you plan to create a business website, then you may need to hire a person who could make your website phone-compatible. This might require a person to have knowledge about HTML as well.

Hiring a developer may not be that easy and it does cost money. However, if you plan to create a business website, then you may need to hire a person who could make your website phone-compatible. This might require a person to have knowledge about HTML as well.
It's not too difficult to create a business website. It's not the discussion the OP was on about but on paying a developer to build an application for an existing business website. The knowledge of website building is different from that of application building.

I have never paid a developer to create a mobile app for my site. However, I have tried creating an android app for my website through no-code app development platform. However, never published the app.

What was the reason why you ended up not publishing the application that you created for your forum since you have already gone through with the process? It wasn't good enough enough to meet the standard of your forum?

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back