What's new

Ever had to deal with a bad staff member on your own forum?

Currently I dont have a forum but I believe alot of forums are dealing with such issues and it's inevitable because in one way or the other a member may overstep his fellow and will be the problem to faced.
Sure, a lot of forums are dealing with the issue of bad staff. Most of the forum have one or more bad staff. The best way to deal with bad is to talk to them. And wait to see if the talking wo

Have you ever had to deal with a bad staff member on one of your own forums? If so, what did you do to confront the person and did they get a demotion or even banned? There was one time I made the mistake on hiring someone that I didn't really know at all. I promoted this member to Admin, which was a very bad idea. One day I logged back into the forum and had noticed that my other admin deleted the theme I had installed, and they installed themes that didn't fit the niche of my forum. I'm lucky they didn't try to remove subforums or posts. I immediately banned them and now I'm weary about hiring staff on my forums. This was thankfully on a Proboards forum so it was pretty easy to reinstall the default theme and delete the other unrelated ones.
Some individuals that you put trust in can display simply repulsive behaviour and attitudes on occasions. If it is a first time offence, then that person can be warned kindly but sternly not to do that again. Once the advice goes unheeded, any further action is justified.

like they say, you can take the horse to the river but you can not force the horse to drink water, whichis like trying to help someone that does not want to be help, you would only be wasting your time and energy.
Probably, there is no need for you to waste your time trying to help people that doesn't want to help themselves. Your help can only be effective when they are ready to take good decisions.

Staffs with unusual act of going against forum standards rules and regulations guiding the forum standards, fraudulent acts and trash post are be banned completely for safety of the forum to keep on being active

Staffs with unusual act of going against forum standards rules and regulations guiding the forum standards, fraudulent acts and trash post are be banned completely for safety of the forum to keep on being active
You just revoke access for staff member and it depends from the fault, some mistakes is just by revoking access and if it is big fault then ban permanetly, ban is the latest solution not the first one.

You just revoke access for staff member and it depends from the fault, some mistakes is just by revoking access and if it is big fault then ban permanetly, ban is the latest solution not the first one.
The action of completely banning a member who is not rules abiding is never to be compromised,it's by default a mandatory charge and it's supposed well stated. Many successful business are strict and standard.

Allowing bad staff member in your forum is like allowing cancer in your body.
It would definitely circulate and affect the entire forum if care is not taken. It is good to cursion any bad habit.

Sure, a lot of forums are dealing with the issue of bad staff. Most of the forum have one or more bad staff. The best way to deal with bad is to talk to them. And wait to see if the talking wo
you should not end at just talking as some of the staff members do not listen to just talk or some humans, you need to let them know that there are consequences for their actions

The action of completely banning a member who is not rules abiding is never to be compromised,it's by default a mandatory charge and it's supposed well stated. Many successful business are strict and standard.
Not all the faults are the same. For example unapriopriate advertising could be 7 days ban, but if it is spamming then lifetime ban. I hope you understand what I mean. Place referral link in general chat section is not like spam everywhere in the forum.

The punishment you advocated for spamming is very harsh, my personal opinion though and giving someone a lifetime ban is too much I think and you should be considerate

I never have had any issues with my staff members on my forums., However, when I was running a multi-author blog, I had issues with a couple of in-house writers. These guys were sending bot traffic to my site to manipulate article views.

I think it's a very difficult task to do away with bad staff in any business organisation both online and offline. try to find out reason behind their attitude before further action.
This is just the bitter truth. You can do away with bad staff in your business organization or forum. No matter how prudent you're in selecting your member, there's no how they'll not bad or people who don't follow rules among them.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back